3.Only the Truth

A/N: I feel like this chapter came out a bit shorter than I wanted it to since I was actually going to make it a part of the last chapter and decided to split them at the last moment. Anyways, LET THE GAMES BEGIN! Hope you enjoy it. As always any feedback you have is appreciated! Thanks!

Neither boy got much sleep that night. Miles simply pretended to be asleep .This was all coming out worse then he could have feared it would, but he hadn't expected Alex to act the way that he had to his lies. He thought it would have made things simpler for them, not complicate it further. He couldn't seem to understand why Alex was so bothered by it. Alex didn't have feeling for him right? No, of course he didn't.

Alex on the the hand didn't even bother to pretend he was sleeping, staring up at the ceiling. Trying to figure out what he was thinking or feeling. He though he'd had this all figured out but now, but he was wrong. Being back around Miles again only proved to him how undeniably wrong he'd been.

Both boys had eventually nodded of from a combination of sleepiness and alcohol.

When Alex woke up in the morning Miles was already awake. He sat up, shaking off Miles' comfortable blue sheets stretching and landing his feet on the cold floor. He ran his hands through his hair doing his best to get it back in place. It was starting to get a bit to long, he was going to need to cut it soon.

Miles was sitting in the kitchen table, cigarette handing from the corner of his mouth. He sat there in nothing but boxers and a white tanktop, strumming lightly on his sunburst colored accoustic guitar. When Alex found him. " Morning. " He muttered, running his hands through his hair again and leaning against the door frame. Miles looked up from his guitar and over at Alex who was dressed nearly the same as he was, boxers and an under shirt. It reminded Miles of the night he'd told him he loved him, almost exactly the same actually. Miles heart skipped a little when he in fact realized that those were the same boxers. Alex had never given them back. Not only had not given them back, he still had them, and more then that he'd worn them.

"Watcha playin'?" Alex asked, walking over to Miles and taking the cigarette from the corner of his mouth, putting it in his own.

"Something I been playing with for the new album." Miles said, putting the guitar down and looking up at Alex with a deep sigh. Alex always looked so good like this. Ruffled, half clothed, still a bit sleepy with a lazy smile glued to his face. He wanted to pull the boy into his lap and snog him senseless then have his way with him right there on the kitchen table. He tried to push the thought from his mind.

" It sounds good." Alex said. Miles wasn't paying attention to what he was saying though, his mouth had gone dry and he was trying not to focus on Alex's lips as he spoke. His distraction probably lead to the next thing to come from his mouth.

"You should work on the new album with me." He said. Alex smiled that award winning smile of his, meeting Miles eyes.

"I'd like that." He said. "You'll have to show me what you've got so far. I was planning to go back to sheffield today but I guess I could hang around one more day." Alex said. In truth he didn't feel that his work in London was done anyways. He'd been looking for an excuse to stay. "I'll just have to call Cat and let her know that I'm going to stay an extra day." Just like that the illusion's in Miles head broke down. He had to remind himself, Alex would be married soon... He was going to be married and Miles was going to have to give up any hope of them being together that he still clung to. Unless...

"I have I have some stupid time booked for early next week. Why Don't you stick around till then. You could have your woman come down and meet you here. I need to meet her sometimes anyways." Miles suggested.