49. First of My Kind

A/N: 50 chapters is so close I can almost taste it * licks computer screen* anyways I hope you guys like this I thought I would do one more happy one. I really wanted to call this one 'rainbow puppet surprise' but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Anyway shit is cute. 

Speaking of cute happy anniversary to my beautiful, wonderful, talented, sweet, amazing, kind,sexy AF, awesomesauce girlfriend miracleofmilex who is seriously just the abosolute greatest ever and I love her way to much.

Anyways hope you all enjoy this. Let me know what you think. LOVE YOU <3

    It felt good to finally be home. After a month away and all the ups and downs that they had been through it was nice to get back to some degree of normalcy. Alex had been looking forward to being able to sleep in their own bed again. Miles on the other hand still avoided their room for the first couple of days. Alex had complained to him about it which had lead to Miles tricking him into sleeping on the couch with him.

"You want to watch a movie with me, Al?" He would ask when he could see that Alex was starting to get tired. Whereas normally he would complain about Alex's habit of falling asleep during films he was actively encouraging it. He'd put on something that didn't have a lot of loud noises. Never action movies with loud music or explosions but things like gone with the wind, Casablanca, older, classic movies that he knew Alex would never say no to. He would let the smaller man cuddle into his chest, laying across him with his arms wrapped around Miles' torso. He would rub his back in an attempt to lull him to sleep more quickly and eventually turn the television off, pulling a blanket over the two of them and fall asleep himself. It would be morning before Alex woke up.

He caught in on the third day which caused a small spat between the two of them. " I've got a knot in my neck from sleeping on that stupid couch and my back hurts!" Alex complained. " I want to sleep in my bed! My comfortable warm bed! You can either suck it up and come join me or sleep on the couch alone because you're NOT tricking me into that shite again." He'd hollered at Miles.

"But I was thinking we could watch something... something with Buster Keaton maybe?" Miles tried. He hadn't actually picked anything out to tempt Alex with yet.

"FUCK BUSTER KEATON!" Alex yelled. Miles gasped.

" You don't mean that! Take that back you heathen!" Alex was cranky from not sleeping well and although he knows Miles is still a bit upset about what happened he's not going to let it affect his sleep anymore.

"I'm going to bed Mi. Watch it by yourself if you love Keaton so much, but I'll be in bed. Soft warm bed." Alex said stomping off towards the stairs.

"Aleeeeex." Miles drawled out his name as a whine. " I can't sleep without you." He protested.

"Then either come upstairs or don't sleep," Alex said shouted back to him.

Mile frowned sitting back on the couch and crossing his arms over his chest. " Don't take it so personal he's just being cranky because you've been making him sleep on the couch," Cat said sitting down next to Miles and handing him a mug of tea as she drank her own.

"What kinda tea is this?" Miles asked sniffing at it.

"Chamomile with honey thought that it might calm you down some. It seems like you've been a little on edge since we got home."

"Thanks... I have been I guess. It's just hard to be back in the place where we were attacked. You're supposed to feel safe in your own home but I don't anymore." Miles confessed.

" Have you talked to Alex about it at all?" Cat asked.

"No, not really. He avoids the subject. I think he equates my fears to me leaving him again. He shuts down the conversation every time I try to bring it up... He's trying so hard to pretend that everything is fine and honestly I think I prefer it that way." Miles shrugged sipping his tea.