34. Counting Down the Days

A\N: Sorry this took a little extra time. I spent a lot of time watching interviews with Owen and trying to decide how I wanted to characterize him so it delayed writing for a bit. I am SO EXCITED TO HAVE FINALLY REACHED THIS POINT! The next set of probably 5 or so chapters are the thign I've been lookign the most forward to with this story. That being said I'll probably get them done pretty fast because I CAN'T KEEP ALL THESE THINGS IN MY HEAD ANYMORE. Anyways! Let me know what you think. Love you all and happy 18th to futurealien!!! If you're not already reading her fic 'If Tomorrow Never Comes' you should be!

 After returning home Miles had made many attempts insisting to Cat that things didn't need to change between all of them until after she and Al ended their relationship. The first try went over less then successfully. Cat had just gotten off a long, tiring day on set and was not to keen on doing anything other then taking a shower and crawling into bed alone with out the two riled up hooligans she lived with. The conversation had finally ended with Cat telling him less then politely to fuck off and that she was interested in Jay. Whatever fling they had was through. Miles was hurt by her implication that he was ' convenient and sexually deviant enough to satisfy her' and pouted the rest of the evening prompting her to apologize the next morning for her behavior.

"I'm sorry Mi, I didn't mean it like that. I was just exhausted is all. You know I care about you." She said, rubbing her hands over his bare shoulders. He didn't look up from the bowl of cereal in front of him, still angered by the turn of events.

"It's Miles to you now thank you kindly. Only my friends get to call me Mi." He said, a smile playing on his lips. He wasn't about to let Cat see how easily he forgives. She's got to work for it a bit harder.

"Don't be like that Miles! You know if I didn't care about you do you think I'd be doing all this to make you and Alex happy?" Cat asked.

"I'd have run off with him anyways. We were coming up with our own plan." Miles said.

"Yeah, but we had absolutely no ideas. Kitten, he's smiling. He forgives you he's just being a twat." Alex said, reaching his hand into the cereal box and pulling out another hand full.

"Even if you're not going to put milk on it can you use a bowl you barbarian snitch!" Miles insisted.

"That would mean committing to how much cereal I want. Might want more might want less. Eating it from the box gives me options."

"You can commit to a marriage but you can't commit to cereal portions?" Miles asked.

"Well yeah! Marrying you is an easy choice. Breakfast is slightly more complicated." Alex shrugged.

"Hear that Miles? You're easier then breakfast." Cat laughed.

"Should I... should I be flattered, or slightly appauled by this?" Miles asked.

"Bit of both I'd assume." Cat laughed as her phone started to ring. Miles saw Jay's number on the caller ID and grabbed it before she could.

"I've got a bone to pick with you! My girlfriend just dumped me off for you and your ridiculous baby face." Miles insisted, trying his best not to laugh.

"What? Alex is leaving you for me too?" Jay asked.

"Haha very funny traitor but no the other girlfriend, Catalina." Miles corrected.

"Did he just imply that I was your girlfriend?" Alex asked, popping another bite of cereal into his mouth. Miles grabbed the box, pulling it from Alex's hand.

"Yes, he did." Miles said finally handing the phone over to Cat. "Now would you please eat something other then sugar?"

"Like you can talk! You're eating the same shite!" Alex insisted.