11. Two-way Mirror One Way Street

A/N: I couldn't help but fire another one out quick! With how supportive everyone has been of this fic, I don't want to disappoint! I love you all and I want to make sure I get things done and that you're happy especially since I'm getting into the thick of the plot. Unlike some of my other fics, this one has a very specific start and end plot that has already been set out. Though my way around those plots tends to write themselves there is a planned place where this is going and I'm very excited to get there! now that things are calming down with my life I'm going to do the best to make updates more frequent. The response to this has been absolutely incredible. I'm trying for you all  <3. Please let me know if you're enjoying it. your continued feedback really brightens my day more than anything especially being in a place where I don't have many friends yet! This is keeping me going while my life is taking drastic changes and the love you all are giving me by reading helps me so much!ok I'm talking too much ENJOY MY LOVES!

 Friday rolls around, and by then Cat had been doing a lot of pondering and observing. She was the ever vigilant type, known for being her attention to detail and her ability to read a room. Her sense of perception was on a whole different level from most. It had come from the way she'd grown up. Though well protected she had to be aware of the danger that her status burdened her with. Her father was a powerful man, but he wasn't the only one out there like him. While he was known for being rather diplomatic when it came to the way he conducted business they still had no shortage of enemies. Therefore, Cat had learned early on that she needed to be able to assess a situation quickly. She'd learned to read people cues and could figure their intentions out with ease. Knowing this she was supprised that Alex had ever thought he was being sneaky with Miles. Playing it likes they were good friends. It only took seconds for Cat to see the way Miles played into Alex.

After her conversation the other day with Miles she'd started to realize that maybe she'd been a little hasty in her assumptions about Alex and Miles' relationship. She'd insisted to herself over and over that it wasn't real and she'd made some pretty harsh accusations against Alex. She was quickly coming to see the changes in Alex since Miles had been back in his life. Over all, he seemed happier. He was actually sleeping consistently, rather than being up all night pacing. He's been drinking less, well he'd been drinking less ALONE at least. He was actively creative in ways he hadn't been since the hiatus had started. Not only was he playing more music he was listening to more of it too. They'd spent the entire morning laying on the living room floor while Alex showed Cat record after record. Pointing out subtle things in the music that she'd never have noticed. Making her listen to things in different ways than she had before, more actively then one usually listens to a song, really soaking it in and exposing her to a whole new side of any given track he put on.

Cat hadn't just noticed changes in Alex's general demeanor, but in the way, he acted towards her as well. It was quite the opposite of what she'd been expecting, to be honest. Being with Miles she thought would make Alex Distant from her. Instead, he seemed much more open. He was warm and affectionate in ways that he usually wasn't. Not to say that he wasn't affectionate before, she'd never once doubted his love for her in the time they'd been together but he seemed freer with his expressions of it now. She was seeing a vulnerability to him and a softness that was usually masked with his cool exterior. Even around his band mates she'd never seen him behave in such a way. If it was Miles Kane that brought out this energetic new Aura then, well, maybe he would be worth keeping around.

" So, I had a little chat with Miles the other day." Cat brings up casually while the two of them were out for dinner. They'd got to a little Chinese place not to far from where they lived. It was run by a little old couple and their two children.  It was a home grown family business and because of it the food was great. It was like their own little secret tucked away in the middle of the city. Alex looked up at her from the bowl of noodles in front of him. His facial features seem to hold a mild concern but he was trying not to let it show.