Mike X Jess: Chains

14K Celebration-Shot!

No. This isn't real. That isn't her.

Her condition is poor. Her entire body smothered in scars. Bruises. Blood.

She looked lifeless. As far as I can tell, she might not make it. Too much damage. Really too much to take in. I could handle it, I knew that. But losing her. Losing her? That's something I might not be able to handle. No matter if our relationship was crucially at stake, or we were extremely close, I would care. Too much.

I blink for a moment, my eyes reopening as fast as they could. I see her body twitch, as she tried to move.

"Jess!" I feel relief. I feel somewhat soothed. I'm okay. Just knowing that she's alive. That she isn't completely gone. That I can hear her voice one more time. "Are you okay?"

She looked up to me helplessly, as it left me to cringe. "Help...." She whimpered, her voice all raspy, and her words soft spoken, and shaky.

I nod, giving her a subtle smile. My arm reaching out to grip her forearm, to lift it up, and get beneath her back, she no longer stuck on there.

My hand trembled as I reached down. All I had planned were to happen. Well, at least try to happen.

I hear the sound of chain jingling, and this loud, disturbing bang. I remove my eyes off of her, my focus darting up. There were decayed rocks, and debris falling from above, and down.

Where Jess was.

My head tilted down once more as the view of the elevator shaft was all I could see. It just collapsed, and rocks went down with it.

I lost hope. She went down that far? I can't even see the distance down from my position.

I shriek. "JESSICA!" I call down nervously, as I ran to the ledge of the shaft. "Jess, can you hear me?" I add.

Only the sound of falling pebbled rocks plummeting down was heard. Nothing from her blissful, and enthusiastic voice.

"Alright Jess, listen to me, you're gonna be fine." I tried to convince her, no matter if she heard me or not. Hell. Really I was trying to convince myself she was alive. That I didn't lose her. "You're gonna be-"

I inhale, and exhale heavily, as my heart just pounded. My head spun. "You're gonna be fine." I mutter for only my own ears to understand.

I take the gun off the platform, as I swing it behind my back. I take in my surroundings timely as I try to understand a way to reach her.

Up wouldn't help. Down would definitely help. But how to get down?

I glance over to the elevator shaft, still seeing a steel chain intact unlike the three others which were very minimally damaged.

I don't know how far down it is. Don't know the drop. I'm clueless. It's wrong to do this. I shouldn't do this. It's too risky. But knowing I have to save my girlfriend, and myself at the same time? Seems pretty right to me. She deserves better than just a pussy for a boyfriend who would just sit back and wait to hear the news. 'Your girlfriend was found dead.'

My two hands wrap around the chain as my heartbeat quickens. My grip tightens as I just hang there, holding on for legitimately dear life.

My two feet come against the chain, as I slowly, and cautiously made my way down. It didn't last long until I quickened the pace, and came around to getting used to it.

I peer down. Biggest mistake of my life. Only to see darkness. Not to know if there is a floor anywhere close beneath me, or in a close distance.

"Oh shit." My eyes return up, my heartbeat quickening.

My hands were trembling, and my body was literally shaking. Any point in time from now I could fall. Die. But I would say it is worth it.

"Come on..." I mumble with determination, gritting my teeth together as I wipe away fear, with anger. Whoever did this to her... Whatever. I hope they fucking go die in a fucking hole. I mean it.

I hear a soft cough echo within the shaft. It pulled me away from my thoughts as I realized who claimed it. The same voice that I consider my second half.

Whimpering followed, with the voice all shaky, and faint.

"Jess!" I call down, descending further and further with haste speed.

"M-Mike?" I hear her reply, tumbling over her words as she struggled. That's when I see light. Her vibrant blonde hair shining, and her bare body's wounds glistening. Weak. Helpless. Drained.

I reached a point where it was safe to just fall onto my feet. Which I did. Carelessly landing beside her.

I kneel down, my palm gently caressing Jess' cheek. "You're alive." I said with a relieved smile.

"How did you-" she tried to smile as she looked up to me. But it just formed a frown. "How did you get down here?.."

"Climbed down," I looked up, "I wasn't just gonna leave you here."

She grins. "That's why I love you."

"For saving you?" I guessed.

"Not for just that." She allowed her smile to grow as large as it could. "For deserving you. For everything you've done for me."

I planted a soft kiss upon her forehead. "Well, I love you too."

"Don't I deserve a bit more than just that?" She remarked happily, as her lips puckered up. In a lot of pain. But still, that beautiful personality stays.

I leaned in, while releasing laughs. My lips fall upon hers, as I feel her smile. And we just kept that way.

No care in the world. Just as long as we were together.