Matt X Reader: Songwriter

Inspired by- All About Us- Jordan Fisher
(-:My Request:-)

You walked the halls of your silent, and stirring home, as you released a low yawn in the darkness.

While you lurked, Matt had kept himself occupied in another room which he claimed as his own for the night. He needed a place to stay. You offered, and he accepted with ease, and gratefulness.

It nearing about 12:00, you decided to call it a night, as you had only expected him to choose the same.

But awkwardly he didn't.

You approached his door, stopping affront of it, and begun listening. You were about to knock. But, you just couldn't. What you heard could not be interrupted.

A soothing melody escaped from the inside, into your ears, as you heard a male voice singing lyrics, strumming his guitar to go along with them.

Because tonight.

You listened, your ears eagerly pressing up against its structure as you had craved to hear more.

The stars are shining bright.

A smile curved your lips upward, enjoying the song.

The ride for you and I.
No it's not about luck,
this is all about us,
So why, don't we live if we're alive?
Gotta open up our eyes
No it's not about luck
this is all about us
this is all about us, oh

He had begun to hum a tune, as his guitar played similar notes. By now, you adored it. Yet you couldn't get over the fact his voice was so soft, and modest just hearing it. He always showed that high school jock, sports look. But, definitely not singer.

As the humming ends, you listen as the guitar lays upon the floor, as you hear it sliding.

Which drew you into the room.

Your hand sets upon the knob, as you gently twisted it, until it popped open. His eyes pinpoint on you, as he hears your occurring claps, with slight surprise.

"Looks like we have a singer," you said with a bright smile. "When did you get so good at doing stuff like that?"

"Yeah. Umm-" his face went a pallor color, as he scratched the back of his neck nervously. "Not recently. It's been pretty long."

"And, you didn't tell all of us." You sighed, a frown coating your lips. "Why?"

"Because," he frowned. "I- don't want anyone to really know. Yet, at least.."

"No one has to know," you approached closer to him, arms crossed, as you sat beside him on the bed. "This can be our little secret." You smiled.

He smiled with delight, and relief as his head had bowed.

"So," you smiled excitedly, as you positioned yourself comfortably upward. "Can I hear this song? I mean, I never did, really hear he entire thing."

"Sure, I guess." He cleared his throat, as he set the guitar onto his lap, and readied himself to vocalize, and strum. He took a quick breath, then sang.

Fly away with me baby
I been falling for days, been lost in the maze; I hope you can save me
Cause we're going higher
We could both touch the sky
Let's follow the sun's love

So let's start off like we'll never stop
Baby just be still; let your body talk to me
I'll give you everything you need
We could run away to get to the place, so let down your hair, baby set your mind at ease
We'll be living in a dream

Cause tonight, the stars are shining bright
The ride for you and I
No, it's not about luck
This is all about us, this is all about us
So why, don't we live if we're alive?
Gotta open up our eyes
No, it's not about luck
This is all about us, this is all about us

Fly away with me baby
Let me show you a world where pain don't exist
If you could begin to come with me for a minute, yeah
I'll give you the things I know you're finessing, oh

So let's start off like we'll never stop
Baby just be still; let your body talk to me (oh woah)
I'll give you everything you need (everything you need, yeah)
We could run away to get to the place, so let down your hair, baby set your mind at ease (set your mind)
We'll be living in a dream (cause tonight)

Cause tonight, the stars are shining bright
The ride for you and I
No, it's not about luck
This is all about us, this is all about us
So why, don't we live if we're alive?
Gotta open up our eyes
No, it's not about luck
This is all about us, this is all about us

It's a feeling that you'll get when you really love somebody
We can watch our two worlds colliding
(Hey, hey)
In the moment you were waiting by a voice we can't control it
And I think that now we know it, yeah

We could run away to get to the place, so let down your hair, baby set your mind at ease
We'll be living in a dream

Cause tonight, the stars are shining bright
The ride for you and I
No, it's not about luck
This is all about us, this is all about us
So why, don't we live if we're alive?
Gotta open up our eyes
No, it's not about luck
This is all about us, this is all about us

"Wow." You were speechless. Impressed by his skill. What else was there to say but just simply that. The song lifted your heart higher, as the lyrics just spoke to you. Just say, you were overly impressed.

"You like it?" He asked with a smile, as he removed the guitar from his lap. He set it delicately down onto the floor, as he looked up to you with a smile.

"Yes, of course. But-" there just had to be a but. "Who is this song for? I mean, it was straight forward it was dedicated to someone."

He remained silent, as he concealed a smile.

"You."

What!? That was awesome! And it was for you?

"For me," you remarked with disbelief, as you attempted to contain a laugh. "Seriously? Are you sure it isn't this other- really lucky girl that I was never told about?"

"Nope," he smiled, "just you."

"Aww." A single tear had glistened in both of your eyes, as you were so grateful at the moment. You pulled him into a compassionate hug, as you lightly rubbed his back. "God, I love it."

"So, what do you say?" He smiled with excitement, pulling away. "Wanna.. Fly away with me baby?"

"I've been falling for days," you smiled wider. "I've been lost in a maze. I really hope you could save me." You gripped his hand tightly. "And, you know what? You did. Because I'm right here with you."

A/N: I HAD TO WRITE THIS. I LOVED THE IDEA. I HAD TO DO IT.

BUT, BRUH. THIS CINNAMON ROLL CAN SING.