Ch. 22 The Text

We're back at Joe's, as I'm changing into one of his shirts I ask him, "How do you know Emma?" He's already laying in bed on his phone. "Eh just from going to a couple parties and her being there. She's a good friend, no one to be jealous of" he looks at me smirking. I could tell he was just joking so I just give him a smile.

"Have you guys ever hooked up?" I say putting my hair in a bun. He gives me a weird look then puts his phone down. "I mean, maybe twice. But it was a while ago. And didn't really mean anything. We were both a bit drunk." He facepalms himself. "I am just digging myself a bigger hole." I laugh a bit. "No, Joe it's alright. I was just wondering. I'm not accusing you of having feelings for her or anything." I giggle a bit while I lay next to him.

He smiles and I wrap my arms around his body while I snuggle into his neck.

Like that (:

While we were laying there trying to fall asleep, I kept thinking of Emma and why she would say that to me and act so rude. Maybe she's got a thing for Joe?

The next day, Joe and I met up with Dan, Zoe and Alfie at the Zalfie house.

"So how come Phil isn't here?" Zoe asks Dan. Dan came over to film a video with Alfie. Which is weird because I heard Dan barely goes out. Especially not without Phil.

"His grandmother is in surgery and had to go out of London. I was going to go with him but I had tons of work here. But of course I've been procrastinating." we all laugh a bit.

"Joe's the same way" I say. We're all sitting on the floor around the small wide table in their living room. "Bull! That's so you!" he says and I laugh. "Guilty." we laugh again.

Dan's phone goes off and his laughs turns into a serious face. "You alright, Dan?" Alfie says and our attention turns to Dan. "Um. I just got a weird text." We all still glare at him. "Here for you." he extends his arm out handing me his phone. I give a confused look then see what the fuss is about.

I immediately feel something burst in my chest. It's a nude picture. With my face, but it isn't even me. Just really good photoshopped. "Dan, this isn't even me. Who sent you this?" I say pretty angry. "What's going on?" Zoe says confused. I clench my jaw. "babe?" Joe says placing his hand on my thigh, then I show him.

"Why would someone do that though?" Zoe says. "I don't know I'm just as confused." I say putting my face in my hands. I wanted to cry because that picture is all over the Internet. "Dani, it's going to be alright. We'll figure it out." Joe says taking my hands.

"Excuse me." I get up and head to the bathroom.

Joe's POV
I watch her walk off. I feel so terrible for her. She's so kind hearted and sweet to everyone. "Dan who sent you it?" Alfie says. Dan hasn't told us because the person who sent it told him not to. Which makes it worse. "Dan please. You see how upset Dani is. The person who sent you it could've been the one to do it. Why else would they not want you telling us." I said. "Yeah and they must have knew you were with us because they know you would have showed Dani." Zoe also says.