Ch. 42 He knows.

Zoe's POV
"Oi Dani and I are gonna go boosted board. We'll be back in a bit alright?" Alfie says coming in the room Joe and I are setting up in to film. "Alright be safe." I smile at him.

That should be fine for Dani. Take her mind off things. I'm glad she decided to tell Joe. I wanted her to, but didn't want to tell her that just in case it would make her feel obligated to since Joe is my brother.

I still see Dani as my best friend. At some points I see her as my brothers girlfriend. But moments when it's just us two, she's my best friend.

"That's something I would love to see." Joe says chuckling a bit. "What?" i say sitting on the bed next to Joe ready to film. "Dani on a boosted board." he says and I laugh.

I love filming with my brother. We always have a laugh. It's super fun and it makes filming easier. Even though we tend to get off topic a lot.

We finish filming and go downstairs to get some snacks. Dani and Alfie aren't home yet. I set out a plate with different things on it for Joe and I to snack on while watching some TV.

Dani's POV
"I thought I was gonna die." I say laughing while walking inside. I walk into the front room to go to the kitchen.

"Boo!" Joe and Zoe scream as I come around the corner. I jump and my heart races. They're laughing so hard and I hit Joe and shove Zoe. "Not funny!" I say giggling. Alfie is laughing too.

Joe goes up to the camera that was sat in the right place to get it all on camera.

"You're so annoying." I say to the camera sticking my tongue out.

After we were all watching a film. when I whisper to Joe. "Can we go upstairs I need to talk you."  He looks down at me as I was laying on his chest with a weird look then nodded.

"We're gonna go to bed." Joe announces to Zoe half asleep, and Alfie cuddling her. "Alright." Zoe says in her sleepy voice.

We head upstairs and Joe sits on the bed as I close the door. I fiddle with my fingers while walking towards him not making eye contact. "Dani what's wrong?"

"I don't know why I'm making this into a bigger deal than it is." I say finally looking at him. He gives me a weird look.

I sit next to him and explain what happened. He's silent.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he seems angry. "I don't know, to be honest. I was afraid I would make it worse. I thought it would just go away."

"Go away?" he stands up. "Something like this doesn't just go away. A scratch on the knee, goes away. Clouds go away. This." His voice trails off. I just look at my hands. "I'm sorry." I speak up. He grabs his bag and puts some of his stuff back in it.

"Joe, what're you doing?" I say looking at him. He doesn't look at me. He heads for the door. "Joe, don't leave!" he slams the door shut.

Joe's POV
I slam the door shut, not caring if it hit her. I'm filled with so much anger I don't care about anything. I can't believe she didn't tell me something like that. How could she sit there and tell me to cheer Caspar up after what he did? Drunk or not. I'm so angry she kept this a secret. We tell each other everything. I get even angrier thinking about the addiction she had with Adderall. Why didn't she tell me about that either? I feel like she's just some stranger. She's always keeping secrets from me, when I tell her everything.

"I have to go." I say to Zoe and Alfie still cuddled up on the couch. "What" Zoe lifts her head up. "Mate what's wrong" Alfie speaks up.

I just take in a breath then head for the door. "Joe wait" I hear Zoe call. I go outside and she follows me. "Joe!" she yells. "What?" I snap at her turning around. She looks frightened. I take in another breath. "I'm sorry." she folds her arms across her chest.

"She told you." I furrow my eyebrows. "You knew?" I say. "Yes. She told me, she needed advice and someone to talk to about it."

"That's just great. My own girlfriend can talk to my sister about it but not me." I say mad then turning back around. "Joe she isn't just your girlfriend she's one of my best friends." she says running in front of me.

"You're acting like a child, Joe. Caspar tried to force himself on her. He was drunk, you were hungover the next day. She didn't know what to do. She was so afraid. "

"Oh so you were there, were you?" I cut her off. "No but the way she described her fear, made me scared. He was drunk, Joe. He thought she was Kate. Nothing happened."

"If nothing happened, why couldn't she tell me?" I snap. "Are you not listening? She was afraid!" her voice raises. "Whatever. You can leave. I'll give you time to process this. Just know, it wasn't her fault and that she did eventually tell you." she says giving me one last look then heads back inside.

I leave and catch a train back to London. The whole way there I thought about it more. It really wasn't Dani's fault. She didn't ask for that to happen to her. I guess I'm just more mad at myself for not being there for her. For being drunk instead of being at home with her. I'm not even sure if I should be mad at Caspar at this point. Everything is so toxic right now.