Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Sehun's pov:

Two.

Just two minutes.

I felt blank, empty, emotionless. I had opened my eyes a while ago, squinting reflexively at the bright lighting of the strange white room. It took me a while to properly register everything. I was on a bed, a cushioned chair on my right that looked rather wrinkled up, as if many people had sat on it. There was a small table by my left, where bouquets of flowers had been laid. Some of them had already withered, its stem weakly drooping from the soil. The petals that had showered the table top stood out more than the other fresh and radiant flowers, which were most probably, only a few days old.

"Good afternoon."

Shrinking back onto the bed, I found myself staring at a boy with a whole lot of other men behind him. The blonde one, near the back, swiftly closed the painted wooden door shut. The first boy who had greeted me had went over to the jug of water, pouring the contents out into a cup. His black framed spectacles somehow portrayed a sense of intimidation despite the friendly beam plastered on his face. With a warm smile, the guy inched himself a little closer to me, extending his palm out. I eyed the cup of water in his hands thirstily. Although I had no idea who this man was, my organs were craving for moisture and wordlessly, I fetched the plastic cup from him, gulping down every single drop. The liquid was soothing to the touch, it was simply refreshing.

And only then did I realize all the cuts and bruises plastered onto my forearms. In horror, I placed the empty cup by the table, my eyes never leaving the wounds. The blue black spot directly above my right wrist was so disgusting, I had to look away. Luckily, the ugly pink and white striped pyjama I was wearing was thin as I rolled the sleeves up gently, careful not to touch any wounds.

I turned back to the spectacled man. "What happened?" My voice came out raspy and hoarse, not exactly what I was expecting. In fact, I hadn't expected anything like this. I wake up, finding myself in a hospital, blood clotted spots all over my skin, and a bunch of freakishly good looking men whom I have never met before. This was simply ridiculous.

Because simply, I had no recollection of whatsoever happened before I woke up.

"I know you're confused and scared." A short petite looking boy, standing beside the guy who offered me water, replied, his voice laced with sympathy. "But don't worry, we're your friends, your brothers to be precise. The doctor said the impact was too great, so you won't be able to remember anything. Temporary amnesia is a burden."

"Impact of w- what?"

"God!" The feminine boy had turned his back on me, facing the group behind him as he whined. "Guys, we've practiced this a million times! Why do I feel like we're going way off topic?"

"I'll take over." Another male stepped out, dragging a chair over to the bedside. The screechy friction had all of us cringing as the guy grinned cheekily in return. He then sat down and, without me really consenting, grabbed my hand, interlocking our fingers. "I promise, we won't hurt you. Whatever questions you may have, you can ask me. We're all here for you."

"Alright." I muttered, tugging my fingers away from his steady grip. "Why am I here?"

"I didn't expect it to be this bad." The boy who had claimed to practice his speech a million times whispered rather loudly. "Sehun can't even remember how he landed himself here. Now how the hell are we supposed to even report that asshole who caused the bloody accident?"

"Sehun?" I mumbled questioningly.

"I'm glad that was what you caught from Baekhyun's vulgar rant." The guy on the chair beside me chuckled. "You shouldn't be hearing these right after you wake up."