Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Sehun's pov:

"Can we move on now?" I begged, almost close to tears. Together with Baekhyun, the two of us were shopping in a nearby mall, whereby Baekhyun was looking through the rows and columns of cosmetics. Before we left, Baekhyun had instructed me to put on a mask. The next thing I knew, we were in a van bringing us straight to a mall. Honestly, shopping did sound like a nice thing to do, but Baekhyun seemed to have a different perspective of it. His wallet was probably stuffed with countless of cash loaned by Suho, all ready to be spent on beautifying objects.

I regretted taking Baekhyun out first.

Kai was too right.

"I have decided that I'd hang out first with Baekhyun hyung."

"Of all people, why him?" Kai sounded horrified, his eyes wide with genuine surprise. "He can drag you into countless of shops and you'd end up buying a mountain back home!"

"I'm sure he's not that bad." The foolish me had laughed Jongin's words away, fanning my hands in the air. "If I were to hang out with a member, I'd let him decide where to go, Baekhyun would take charge of this."

"Precisely!" The said male smacked his lips, leaping up to his feet. "Sehunnie and I would have so much fun!"

"Would this look good on my eye Sehun?" Baekhyun thrusted his hand out to me, where a perfectly drawn black ink was tested on the skin. As clueless as I was, every type of eyeliner would all seem the same to me.

"You look good in anything hyung." Unable to return a proper answer, I chose to phrase my words carefully, complimenting his natural attractiveness. Thankfully, he seemed rather satisfied with the reply, his eyes litting up. If it weren't for the mask, I would guarantee that he was grinning happily at the praise given to him.

"Let's go look for some chapsticks! They're essential since singing really makes your lips dry." Baekhyun then grabbed me by the wrist and down to another column, this time filled with lip products.

A stick of lip balm was handed to me. "Try it!" He squealed excitedly, taking another one for himself. "This is one of the rare times I'd actually buy you something, so you better make it worth while. Don't regret what you chose!"

I rolled my eyes, but did as he said. Upon applying the tester on my hand, a smooth and moisturising sensation was felt. It brought sooth and comfort and it could definitely keep lips moist during performances. It was actually really useful.

"I'll get this one then." I placed the tester back on the shelf as Baekhyun took the newly unopened one of the same brand. He hesitated, before snatching another one from the shelf.

"I'd want one too." He stated with flushed cheeks, throwing the two chapsticks into the basket which he continuously swung on his left arm. "And now, as kind and loyal members, we should buy some back for the others. Besides," He added. "I'm loaded today."

Laughing, I proceeded to browse through the row of lip balms. Baekhyun seemed to have gotten the same idea as me, focusing his attention on the ones in the basket, comparing it's brand and moist effectiveness to the ones we wanted to get for the members.

"Perhaps we should get this for Minseok hyung." He pursed his lips, holding up a chestnut coloured stick. "This is caramel flavoured, it'd probably remind him to constantly lick his lips." Seeing how that was actually a good idea, I hastily agreed. Baekhyun beamed at my decision, continuing to scan through the rows of lip products. As I silently walked away from Baekhyun to go explore more cosmetics, my eyes caught sight of a well decorated lip gloss. It was a season editioned design, a collectable item. But that wasn't all it was.

It felt more than that.

"It tickles!" I giggled as Luhan playfully waved a bottle of lip balm that was designed intricatedly.

"Unless you want EXO Ls to see your fat and ugly chapped lips, I suggest you stop squirming and let me help you apply it!" He folded his arms crossly and I pouted, nodding my head quietly as he did his job.

As soon as my vision cleared up, I gave the special editioned lip gloss a closer glance. No doubt, it was the one that Luhan had wanted me to use. But this was odd. Luhan wasn't on talking terms with me and besides, he was miles away back in the dorm. There was no way he could have just appeared to-

A flashback!

Yes.

I had just gotten my first memory.

Like what the doctor had said a few days back, to bring me to places that I had been to before. In this situation, Luhan had tried to use this very brand of lip gloss on the day of a performance in the past. This tiny little tube of chemical had brought me a fragment of my past. Cheering and hooting internally, I gazed at it for the last time before returning it back on the shelf.

The memory wasn't much. It only lasted for a few seconds, but had brought back so much hidden emotions. Right now, I finally understood what everyone had meant by when Luhan and I were inseparable best friends. The flashback had depicted so much care and affection Luhan had shown me in the past. And as of right now, I had screwed everything up.

My eyes darted left and right for some sort of inspiration to make up for my foolishness and-

Bingo.

*

*

With the target caught in sight, Sehun left the cosmetic shop eagerly, completely forgetting about the reason that he came here for.

And the male that he had left behind.