Chapter 74

Chapter 74

Sehun pov:

Two months being separated from him, but Luhan was always there, be it through a tablet screen, or through dreamland. Sure, just surviving on countless of episodes of China running man and a Chinese drama starring Luhan didn't really fulfill my needs, but it was better than being physically lonely. I slightly regretted watching the drama when I was greeted with the sight of Luhan kissing a girl. The image of that kiss scene still haunted me up to today. But it was necessary to find some way to self comfort since I was stuck in a boy band of gay couples.

The nine of us were in a hotel in Beijing, China, where clearly all the couples paired up together in a room, leaving me alone to have one. It was the night before our performance when I got this text message from Junmyeon to help get some cough medicine for himself and a bottle of lube for Chanyeol. Oh please, I remembered myself cringing upon reading the message.

And that was how I snuck out and ended up on the streets with my face safely tucked under a mask and cap. Tugging the sleeve of my long sleeved nightwear closer, I regretted wearing such thin clothes out during a chilly night. But seeing how the convenience shop was just a few metres away, I let out a tiny yelp of relief and jogged slowly to my destination.

The shop was empty and dull, with the radio gently blasting some chinese song. The music however was soothing to the ears as I made way down the shelves of crackers and soft drinks. Hastily grabbing myself a packet of potato chips, I lumbered over to the next shelf, where all the medication pills and syrups were located. Flu medicine, fever medicine, stomach pain medicine, cough medicine! After reaching out to the said bottle of drugs, I headed to the cashier counter, directly beside the individual shelf of condoms and lubes.

And I couldn't be more than happier seeing the cashier dozing off in her night shift.

Spotting a small slip of paper on the counter table, I borrowed a pen and scribbled down the items bought before placing my crumpled up money notes on it. My chinese characters shouldn't be that bad since I merely copied it from the items itself. Besides, she got to keep the change.

With the glass bottle of medicine and the abnormally large tube of lube in my pocket, I opened the chips and munched on the potato delight in satisfaction. I began to walk out of the shop, hoping never to be ordered to buy such awful stuff again. The experience was not so bad, but if the cashier recognized me through that flimsy mask, my fame is at stake. And it would all be Chanyeol and Suho's fault. That accuse didn't last long though.

I found myself halting in my tracks as soon as the door opened, revealing a man in his late twenties clearly. His hair was still silver, just slightly faded, but his eyes have lost his spark. He too, was wearing black sweatpants and a familiar leather jacket. Behind his black mask, a few more earholes lacing up his earlobe. Otherwise, he'd be all the same, except with the feelings acquired long gone.

He was just as shocked as I was. "What a surprise to see you here Sehun." He pulled off his facewear and stuffed it in his pocket, revealing his small chiselled face. "I'm glad I recognized you behind your mask."

"I'm glad I did too." I extended my hand formally and he shook it with an awkward smile. No one would have thought we used to date, considering how the shop was too quiet and awkward, like a pin could drop and the sound made would have been deafening.

"So what did you buy?" Luhan inquired as I made way out of the shop into the streets. It was tough to ignore him, with every time I lifted my mask to stuff in a cracker, he'd burst into a small laugh.

"I bought chips." I sighed in irritation, offering the packet to him. He accepted one gratefully.

"So am I supposed to not see the thing you have there?" He then gestured to the lube in my sweatpants' pocket that was already half way protruding out. I was about to retort, but I saw his sad expression. His gaze had never left the lube, lips quivering as he sucked in light breaths.