Chapter 52

Chapter 52

Luhan's pov:

Sehun and I lay on the bed quietly, our legs tangled up. My face was snuggled into his warm chest, his hands stroking my hair affectionately. None of us made an effort to speak, but the silence was oddly comforting. I heaved in a deep breath, taking in his intoxicating smell that I could never get enough of. In reply, he pressed his chin onto the top of my head. Our intimate position was enough to satisfy my pain for the past few days. Thankfully, the three chinese men had already left us with our privacy, much to my delight.

"How were you these days?" I murmured, shifting even closer to his embrace, if it was even possible.

"I'm fine." A short reply from the taller made me frown. Glancing up to his cold eyes, I poked his sides, hoping it would bring a smile to his face. However, he just yelped in surprise and jumped away. I grinned at the adorable sight, but it quickly faded away upon meeting his furious face.

"What was that for?" He questioned accusingly, his eyes bearing annoyance and resent.

"I..." For a split moment, words were stuck at my throat, unable to flow out. Sehun's harsh demeanor, it hurt me greatly... It scared me. My silent gawking had him sighing in irritation, sitting up straight and leaning back on the bed post.

"You what?" His voice was softer this time, but a part of me knew he was tolerating my shit. I've been nothing but a burden to him the past few days. He was stuck in the hospital for days and as his boyfriend, I couldn't even the make the time to visit him. It was no wonder why he was so mad at me.

"I... Just wanted to see you smile." I muttered, looking down at my fidgeting fingers. "You haven't done so since you came back."

The next thing I knew, I kept my eyes squeezed shut, not wanting to see Sehun's reaction. What I said was so cringey, I bet he totally didn't have to suffer through this if I wasn't his boyfriend.

"Here."

His sudden comment startled me a little. Slowly, I peeked upwards at him before butterflies started fluttering in my tummy. There was a small, warm smile plastered on his lips as he leaned in a little closer to me.

"I smiled for you."

"You smiled for yourself." I corrected, sitting up on my butt, positioning a pillow behind my aching back. Slouching back down on the soft material, a soft moan escaped my lips.

"How were you?" He implored, repeating the question that had circled my brain for the past few days endlessly.

I folded my arms. "I should be asking you that question."

"Well, I'm honestly fine." He shrugged. But a scrunch of my eyebrows was enough for him to know that I was not one bit satisfied at his blind reply.

"I was unconscious for two days." He started. My heart pounded furiously at the possible bad outcomes that might actually be linked to his predicament. "But," He continued. "After I woke up, the doctor said I had to stay for some mandatory check ups and could leave after I was done. However Suho hyung thought it'd be better to stay a few days longer, just to be sure."

"That ass." I cursed under my breath. I think Sehun heard it because he started sniggering to himself.

"Now answer my question." He ran a hand through his soft locks, his expression darkening when his fingers brushed across a clump of tangled hair probably due to the lousy shampoo brand he used back in the hospital. "How were you?"

"I'm okay."

"You're obviously not." He scoffed, his words not holding any malice though. "You're thinner, you have eyebags, not to mention a beard."