Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Sehun's pov:

"It's totally fine you know..." Tao said, his eyes spreaking much more compared to his dull words.

"We can wait in the van till you're done." Chen offered but Luhan shook his head.

"We'll just take public transport back, don't worry."

When we left the carnival, Luhan asked the driver to drop us off at an empty patch of land. I knew he had something planned for us both but what would he want to do in a grass field? It was already eight and there was hardly any light... Except the ones radiating from the road lamp posts. What trash could he be planning?

"You sure?" Suho added, concerned.

"We're fine hyung, be gone!" I swept my arm out for the dramatic effect and well... It worked. The members chuckled at my lame action and it brought a small smile onto my face.

"Bye!" Luhan and I waved at the two vans that drove away, already missing them.

"So what now?" I put my hands on my hips sassily. "You wanted to bring me to a deserted land?"

"Do not question your hyung." He teased and started walking down slope. Laying two long towels down on the surface, he lay down and gestured me to do the same. After making myself comfortable, we stared at the night sky, a peaceful silence held between us.

"Hyung?" I turned to him.

He hummed in response.

"I know you told me never to ask this again," I played with my fingers nervously. "But why did you leave EXO?"

His eyes widened visibly and he sat up, cuddling his knees tight.

"I hoped you never asked." He muttered as I inched a little closer to him hesitantly.

"Please... You can tell me anything Lu..." I implored, trying hard not to sound so desperate for their truth.

"I... I left because of three main reasons." He started. "I had a dream of being a singer and actor. SM only provided me a chance for vocalising."

"I wanna be an actor." Luhan whispered into my ear.

"I know hyung..." A tear rolled down my cheek. "Go for it."

I nodded my head and blinked away the demoralising flashback as he continued. "Second, health problems."

"Let out the beast, let out the beast!" I heard Baekhyun singing as I twirled around, earning loud squeals from the fans seated down below.

I swayed my hips according to the music and as I made a three sixty turn, I caught Luhan slipping and landing on the ground. My body immediately turned into a state of shock as I stood rooted to the ground, unable to move.

Luhan quickly hauled himself up as his eyes met mine. Quickly giving me a weak smile, he resumed dancing and I too, forced myself to continue the performance.

For the fans, I had to ignore my Luhan hyung's mini accident. It was worth it... I guess.

"You fell down while performing, didn't you?" I enquired and he blinked confusedly at me.

"H- how did you..." I shot him a knowing look and he nodded, finally catching on.

"What's the last reason?" I questioned gently and he glanced at me, his eyes pleading.

"Do I have to say..?" His eyes turned a little watery, catching me off guard.

"You'll feel better after you let it out hyung." I patted his shoulder gently and he sniffed, blinking away his unfallen tears.

"Sehun-ah," He smiled crookedly. "I fell in love."

I gasped, not expecting that answer. I was not even expecting the sudden pain in my heart. I didn't even know how the truth actually hurt me so much.

"Sehun I- " Luhan was interrupted by a sudden explosion. I tore my gaze away from him and gasped at the view. Fireworks. Fireworks were decorating the night sky. I gawked at the vibrant colours, red orange yellow green purple and many more.

"Do you like it?" A small voice asked and I turned to the petite figure beside me.

"You did this?" I had to bite my lip to stop myself from squealing when he nodded.

"I love it!" I admitted as I stole another glance at the colourful sky. It was really beautiful, Luhan must have spent so much time and effort planning this.

"Whoever you loved must be really lucky hyung..." Pursing my lips, his big dark eyes stared deep into my eyes. My heart missed a beat.

"You wanna know who I love?" He asked, moving a little closer to me. I leaned in.

"Who?"

"You." He mumbled, before smashing his lips against mine.

*

*

One moment, I was kissing Luhan. The next moment, he was packing up, totally leaving me all alone. He said he understood and that he had somewhere else to be. What was so important he had to go late in the night?

Nonetheless, that was not my main problem. The thing was that, my very own Luhan hyung kissed me. He (indirectly) told me he loved me.

When he broke away, I was dazed. I was confused. I was distracted. Clearly, I enjoyed the feeling of his lips against mine but... I'm not gay. I most definitely do not have feelings for him... Right?

"YAHHH!" I yelled into the night sky, cursing at anyone possible for causing so much pain and disorientation.

As if someone really did reply my plea, my phone started buzzing in my pocket. Frowning, I swiped to answer before halting.

The caller ID was stated as 'Yoosung Lee.'

Now who the heck was that? God seriously enjoys playing jokes on me.