Chapter 71

Chapter 71

Luhan's pov:

I had the best mother in the world. Although being a catholic, she accepted my attraction towards men, or to be more precise, a man. As my mother, she figured out my feelings for Sehun since she wasn't that type of housewife who'd lay around all day at home. She had a life and many friends, no doubt she'd keep herself updated about her only son. Even the past few months in Korea, where not a single soul knew about my presence with EXO (let alone the paparazzis), didn't stop her from phoning me daily. At some point, I had to tell her how I felt and to my utmost surprise, she wasn't disgusted, taken aback, yes, but she had welcomed me with open arms in the airport. It was the support I could never ask for.

Now that I was back in China, the months' pile of work was instantly dumped onto my table. Contracts had to be signed, collaborations had to be worked out, music videos and teasers had to be made. Filming episodes of running man every week too didn't exactly help out with my physical health. It was a living hell, where I didn't even had the time to do anything leisure, until I got this offer from some movie department, asking if I could starr in their upcoming drama. Upon stating that I'd be the main character in the show, manager was quick to agree to their terms. It did upset me that he didn't bother to ask for my opinion, but nonetheless, I would have made the same decision as well.

But that didn't change the fact that I hated him passionately. For it was him, who made my one only serious relationship end up in the gutter. It was him who took my phone the moment I had returned back, deleting all the contacts of my Korean brothers and no, he didn't forget to exit our message group. That evil spawn of the devil made sure I had zero contact left with EXO, and I hated him for that. He even went up to the extent of restricting my weibo and instagram account. My life was locked in a prison, for a crime I didn't commit.

Thankfully, I had to bless my one true best friend, for despite leaving without a single goodbye, he had stayed as the same guy I knew from the past. As soon as my plane had touched down, he was the first person to call me, making sure I was alright. Sure I was emotionally unstable, I remembered locking myself in the airport toilet and crying to him. And Xiumin listened attentively, comforting me whenever he could. From then on, it had been the two of us secretly communicating, behind my manager's back, or in his situation, behind the members' back.

Manager had decided to be kind for once, giving me a day off from my busy schedules. I didn't thank him because why the hell should I? My life itself was already miserable, due to this man who shouldn't even be compared to a dog. It had been two weeks since I had left, and I had been doing the best I could to be the person I once was. But the odds were against me, often I'd find myself wondering what would happen if I stayed, even if it was just for that few more days. I could have had the time to say a proper farewell, a proper departure. I wouldn't have made the same mistake, twice.

Right now, it was simply impossible for me to be the Luhan I once was. This Luhan didn't like singing, nor did he enjoy acting, not anymore. Even the usual entertaining soccer matches didn't lift his spirits. This Luhan was a dead mannequin, lifeless and emotionless.

I watched blankly as the player shot the ball into the goalpost, earning a booming roar from the spectators. Football matches really made me disgusted as of this moment and reaching for the controller, I switched the channel. And I wished I didn't.

"Korean boy group, EXO, is preparing for their latest comeback. This has been confirmed by SM company, where they had revealed the comeback would be held in December, similar to their Christmas albums- "

I switched the television off.

Xiumin had told me Kris and Tao left shortly after I did, but they did so with an explanation, unlike me. Sehun had also told the members about his recovery, except Kai since he already knew beforehand. Although most of the members were mad at him for keeping the secret, I knew that inside they were genuinely happy for their maknae.