Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Sehun's pov:

"I still can't believe you planned this!" Baekhyun squealed happily as he turned back to face Luhan and me. We were currently in the van to our long awaited venue kg the day.

"You're a fun guy in disguise huh hyung?" Chanyeol who was sitting beside Baekhyun teased while Luhan pouted.

"Is that a compliment... Or an insult?"

"Compliment!" Chanyeol smirked. "Most definitely."

"Whatever." Luhan huffed unhappily and plugged in his earphones, much to my displeasure. When the Chanbaek couple began having their own private conversation, I poked him in the arm.

He raised an eyebrow and I pretended to look angry.

"I thought we were supposed to bond today?" I crossed my arms. "You're listening to music and ignoring me."

"Sorry Sehun-ah..." He ruffled my hair (again) and handed me one of his earphones.

"Let's share."

Trying hard not to frown, I begrudgingly took it from him. It was not what I wanted to do with him... But it worked.

I could get to cuddle up with him, I thought as I laid my head on his strangely tensed shoulder.

*

*

"We're finally here!" Kai yelled excitedly as we got down from the van.

"You were legit when you said you booked the entire carnival!" Kris whooped as he slapped Luhan on the back. He winced and I chuckled, patting his wound soothingly.

"Be careful Sehun." Suho said worriedly. "We don't want you collapsing because of your memories."

"How did you know?" I gasped in shock and Luhan coughed awkwardly and rubbed the nape of his neck.

"I told them..."

"Please don't be mad at me!" He pleaded, his face scrunching up in fear and desperation.

I gritted my teeth. "No worries hyung." I gave him a forced smile. "I had no idea how to tell them the truth myself either."

He breathed a sigh of relief and Tao hummed.

"So... Now what?"

"BYE PEASANTS!" Baekhyun shrieked as he and Chanyeol took off first, leaving the ten of us at the entrance.

"Well I'm not going to be last so..." Luhan smirked and interlocked our hands. "Let's run!"

Dragging me along, he ignored the angry comments from the others that we ditched. We didn't stop until we turned down the corner.

"Where do you wanna go first?" He questioned, glancing around the surroundings. When I was in the van, I had already made my decision.

"That one." I pointed at a small tunnel not far away. Luhan gulped.

"The... Horror maze?"

"Why not?" I folded my arms and he shook his head.

"I have bad memories of being ditched." He muttered and I felt a strong seize in my head.

"Luhan hyung!" Baekhyun yelled as a small familiar figure exited from the horror mansion.

"Where's D.O?" Chanyeol asked and Luhan looked horrified.

"WHAT?" He looked appalled. "He's not out yet?"

"Where is he?" Chen pestered him and he panicked.

"I dunno!"

"How could you say you dunno? You clearly went in with him." The platinum haired me decided to join in prank.

"I... Aish!" He groaned, exasperated and headed back in. Behind the wall, D.O slowly emerged and he clasped a hand over his mouth when he saw the older go back in to save him.

I mouthed at him to call the poor guy out and he chuckled, nodding vigourously as he re-entered the mansion. We were enjoying a moment of silence until we heard cheers of joy and relief from the speaker.

The two had finally reunited.

"Sehun?" Luhan turned back to look at me. I blinked rapidly to clear away the images appearing in my brain and saw how I had lagged behind.

"Sorry!" I apologised as I jogged up to him to match up his pace.

"Ready?" He gripped my hand tight as we stared at the black and looming curtain in front of us.

"Enter at your own risk." The ticket accountant warned threateningly before snorting at our petrified faces. I swallowed and plastered in my poker face. I was not afraid. I had to be strong for my Lulu hyung.

"Let's go." I urged him gently and he squeezed my hand harder and we edged closer to the dark room.

Swiping the curtain open, I was greeted with a long narrow corridor. Luhan beside me stifled a scream when he saw a woman with long hair all the way at the end, holding a bloody knife as she stared at us with piercing eyes.

"I- its a m- m- mannequin hyung..." I stammered as I felt his hands getting sweatier against mine. We took baby steps forward until we passed by the mannequin. All was well until... It moved and barred her yellow teeth at us.

"WAHHHHH!" Luhan screamed before I pulled him along as we escaped from the ghost.

"I... I don't think I can carry on Sehun-ah." Luhan buried his face into my chest as soon as we found a safe spot. His small body heaved up and down as he panted for breath and I felt a pang of guilt for forcing him to come with me.

"I will never leave you Luhan..." I murmured and stroked his hair gently. "I won't leave you behind like what D.O did."

"What?" He whipped his head up to look at me while I shrugged.

"I kinda remembered this incident just now." I chuckled and he glared at me, probably furious for not telling him.

"Idiot." He pinched me and I stumbled back at the sudden pain. A hand suddenly clasped my mouth and I was being dragged behind.

"Sehun!" Luhan yelled at tried to reach out to me but was stopped when he felt a knife against his neck. He whimpered and his legs collapsed, making him kneel on the floor.

"Don't move, or I'll kill you." The figure inched himself closer to him, the blade still pressed to his neck.

"Don't hurt him! Please..." I begged and the figure turned to my direction. If it weren't for his mask, I could confirm from the dim lighting that he was smirking at our misfortune.

"Who are you?" I choked out, my voice a little muffled by the hand still covering my mouth.

"You're gonna wish you were never born, Oh Sehun." The figure behind me whispered into my ear, close enough that I could feel hot air against my skin... And his garlic breath.

"That's right," The figure holding Luhan grunted. "You're kidnapped by ghosts."