Chapter 7

Chapter 7

It took Baekhyun 10 seconds to realize that someone was missing.

Another 10 seconds more register that fact.

5 more to stay calm.

Soon after, Baekhyun had dumped his basket full of cosmetics at a corner of the aisle and bolted straight out of the shop. It was a Monday and the mall was not as crowded as usual, much to Baekhyun's immense relief. He jogged around the many shops in search of Sehun, pondering silently. Like, how hard could it be to find an abnormally tall dude with coloured hair?

Those words of self comfort, however, did not help Baekhyun much. His heart thumped even faster and hot tears pricked the back of his eyelids. No! Baekhyun refused to cry. He assured himself it would not be difficult to find Sehun. The boy was smart, he'd find some way to contact him once he realised that he was all alone. But either way, Baekhyun was sure he'd give Sehun an earful for running away and giving his poor hyung a heart attack. That was, if Baekhyun did found him.

Fishing his phone out, Baekhyun frantically dialed Sehun's number, only to have it left abruptly hung up, leading directly to voice message. Could his life go any worse? In desperation, Baekhyun knew he needed the ten other reinforcements at home and he punched in the numbers of their house phone.

Beep beep

Low Battery? Baekhyun was so exasperatedly, literally wanting nothing but to kick himself in the shin right there and there. With only 4% left to go, he nonetheless decided to use it. Saving Sehun was far more important than his new twitter updates.

"Hello?"

Baekhyun nearly cried tears of relief when he heard a familiar voice picking up the the phone. "Hyung! Listen to me okay? I don't have much time left and I really need your help!"

"Is it Sehun? Is he alright?" Came the horrified response.

"Yah hyung! I told you to stop talking and listen to me! It's important! It's Sehun, he's lost and I really need your help to find him!"

Luhan gasped in horror from behind the line. "You mean you lost him? Are you freaking serious? Oh my god Baekhyun are you kidding? Do you even know how dangerous it could be- "

"Hyung shut it!" Baekhyun yelled into the speaker, earning a couple of glances from the other shoppers near him. He then bashfully tilted his cap a little lower. "Look, I have no time to watch you panic. I need your help to find him. We're at the shopping mall, the one closest down to our hourse dorm."

"I know where." Luhan replied firmly and Baekhyun heard some rustling and screeches from the phone. "Where do I meet you?"

"At the entrance, you'll recognize me from my grey pullover- "

Call ended

Baekhyun stared angrily at his phone, screen black. Tucking the device back into his front pocket, he headed for the entrance. Maybe with the help of team EXO, they'd be able to find their missing member.

*

*

"What even?" Baekhyun could not control his confusion and rage upon noticing a rather lonely Luhan sprinting full speed from across the road. When the older finally reached his side, Baekhyun did not resist the temptation to give him a heavy smack on the shoulder. "Did you come alone?"

"Of course! Times running out and I must- "

"Oh my god Luhan hyung!" Baekhyun groaned, his face distorting into one of agony and futility. "Shouldn't you have brought the rest of the members along as well?"

"I didn't think of anything at that point in time." Luhan bowed his head in apology. "I think I'll be able to run back and get them, 20 minutes max."

"No," Baekhyun rebutted immediately. "We won't be able to waste that time. Sehun may be still in the vicinity, we have to find him before he wanders off!"

"Did you bring a phone?" Baekhyun proceeded to ask but when Luhan shook his head, he rolled his eyes. "So my phone's dead and yours is back at home. That's it, it's just you and me in this outside world full of crazy sasaengs in search of our darling maknae."

"It's not gonna be that bad." Baekhyun felt Luhan gently patting his shoulder in comfort. "At least we have each other right?"

"That's right!" Baekhyun beamed. "And what was initially my bonding time with Sehun became a treasure hunt with my favourite Chinese hyung."