Chapter 58

Chapter 58

Luhan's pov:

Answer call.

"Are you serious Luhan?" The low Chinese accented voice behind the phone growled, making my hair stand on end. It was him, the guy who could jeopardise my entire life if he wanted to. No words could ever explain my hate and irritation towards him at how he had been controlling my actions for the past year. Giving the closed door another weary glance, I dropped my voice.

"Why did you call?"

"What do you mean?" He replied sarcastically. "As your manager, I have every right to call you."

Fuck him.

"Look sir, we've been through his many times." It was hard not to lose my tantrum, especially after he had called for the utmost stupid reasons, interrupting the sweet moment between Sehun and I. "I've told you not to call me unless it was urgent! Sehun nearly caught us the last time!"

'Are you cheating on me?' I could distinctly remember him asking. He had sounded so hurt, so sad... It broke my heart. That was the most frightening moment of my life

The scoff on the other line had me clenching me phone in fury. "Is you ditching all your duties and schedules to visit your ex boy band considered as an emergency?"

"It is." The malice was evident in my voice. "You know Sehun needs me to regain his memories."

"You've been there for more than three months. It wouldn't hurt to leave them after you've done your part."

"EXO is one, even though I've left, I'm still a part of them." Thinking of the eleven boys had brought a soft tiny smile onto my lips. They were my second family, always offering help whenever I'm in need, understanding and supporting me in every decision I made. And there was Sehun, the love of my life. Despite the recent incident, my feelings for him were undeniable.

"Well this is where you have to make your decision." The sudden instruction broke my train of thoughts. "To pick your 'family', or your career."

My dream.

I could imagine the evil smirk on his face as he continued. "You can stay with them, but no one will ever see you as their official member. And when you regret your decision, the company and I are never gonna accept you again. You choose for yourself."

My dream.

My aspiration.

My acting career.

"Please," I begged, clasping a hand to muffle the sobs that were threatening to escape. "I need more time. Give me three months."

"You must be pulling my leg." He laughed mockingly. "I expect you to be back within the month."

Call ended.

"No..." The barrier between my eyes finally collapsed and the wave of tears began streaming out. My legs crashed onto the floor as I threw my upper body on Sehun's side of the bed, bawling my heart out. How was I supposed to pick between my job and Sehun? Sehun was there for me all the time, caring for me, loving me. Could I ever harden my heart to reject his love and leave him?

"Omo Luhan!" The door slammed opened, followed by screechy friction of feet sliding against the floor. A pair of warm arms wrapped themselves around my back, pulling me into an embrace. My body made no move to look up, continuing to weep silently. Sehun let out a breath of anxiousness as he hauled me up to the bed, where I curled up into a small ball, covering my tear stained face with my palms, not wanting him too see how disheveled I was.