Chapter 45

Chapter 45

Luhan's pov:

"And... Checkmate!" Xiumin slapped his hands in satisfaction upon trapping my king into death. He grinned at my crestfallen expression and leaned back on the couch, cuddling a cushion onto his lap. Everyone knew I was from China (no doubt about that), but I could actually lose to a Korean in a game of traditional Chinese chess. How disgraceful.

"Again!" I whined, slamming my hand against the television table. Call me immature, but I sure wasn't willing to let him beat me in a game created by my very own country.

Xiumin arranged the pieces back in the starting order. "Bring it on Luhan!"

He'd better get ready to lose.

I rolled my eyes. "You'll be crying for mercy."

"Over my dead body."

"I'll pull you out from your gravestone."

"My ghost will bother you every single night." He retorted smugly, throwing the cushion into my face. I caught it with one arm.

"I'll lock you up."

"I'll tickle your toes before you do that."

"I'll- "

Before I could finish my sentence, Chen marched down the stairs noisily, claiming our attention. With his hands on his hips, he eyed Xiumin. "Didn't you want me to help you with your vocal lessons immediately after lunch?" He gave me a dirty look before glancing back at the elder.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I apologised. "I forced him to play chess with me, I didn't know you guys had plans."

"It's not your fault." Chen shot me a sweet smile. "But he knew about it!" His entire demeanour changed all of a sudden as he pointed threateningly at Xiumin, who was looking unbelievably pale.

"Jongdae ah, could you give me another fifteen minutes?" Xiumin bit his lip nervously, his eyes darting left and right. I expected Chen to just shrug it off like how he would do normally and playfully remind him to be punctual in fifteen minutes time. However, I was wrong.

His face was unreadable, but more to the scary and fierce side. There was visible hurt in his eyes as he slowly backed away us, his mouth slightly gaped open.

"Jong-" Xiumin realised the odd behaviour of Chen as well because he stood up instantly and reached out to him but was interrupted.

"Shut it Minseok." Chen snapped, glaring daggers at Xiumin. We both gasped at his sudden hateful tone.

"Jongdae, that's no way you should speak to your hyung." Xiumin made his voice sound as menacing as possible, though the shakiness was quite obvious.

Chen hissed, his forehead now strangely red. "If you wanted to hang out with Luhan hyung, then you should have told me."

"What do you mean?" I found myself asking.

Chen clenched his fists in anger. "You mean you haven't realised how your adorable baozi has feelings for you?"

What?

I turned to Xiumin in shock but he didn't return my gaze. His eyes were fixed on Chen's, already starting to tear up as he tugged at the hem of his shirt.

"Go ahead Minseok hyung," Chen smirked mockingly, casually placing his left palm on the table. "Luhan hyung is waiting for an answer."

Xiumin's eyes finally met mine, but all I could see was hurt and fear. He shook his head furiously and I understood. Chen was wrong, he was so wrong. Xiumin had no feelings towards me at all.

"You like Umin hyung... Don't you?" I questioned as realisation dawned upon me. Chen widened his eyes in surprise but didn't retaliate. "Sadly," He sighed and straightened his button shirt. "I do, only to get rejected."

"Jongdae I- " Xiumin rushed to explain but was cut off again..

"Enough hyung." This time his voice was much softer and polite. "I can get over it, but you need to know that Luhan hyung already has Sehun."

Turning on his heel, he stomped up the stairs and back into his room as a sickeningly loud door slam was heard, making me cringe. But the soft cries and whimpers made me come back to my senses as I quickly knelt down beside Xiumin. His knees had gave way half way while Chen was talking, collapsing onto the sofa.

"You like him." I muttered, giving his trembling shoulders a comforting pat.

"Wrong," Xiumin shook his head and I froze, my fingers instinctively halting at stroking his back.

"I love him."

Heaving a sigh of relief, I threw my arms around him, nuzzling my head into his neck. He sniffed and returned the embrace. We just sat on the couch for a few minutes straight without speaking until Xiumin detached his arm from mine.

"I'm telling him." He announced and trudged up the stairs, back to the room they shared.

"You're not gonna play chess with me anymore?" I teased and he spun around, giving me a small quirky grin.

"I will, after I get my man."

Giving him a thumbs up, I watched as he slowly disappeared up the stairs.

And I'm all alone again.

"Wow that was some drama huh?"

A sudden voice made me look up as I spotted Baekhyun lazily leaning against a wall with his arms folded nonachantly.

"You heard everything?" I felt a pang of betrayal that he literally eavesdropped on our entire conversation without permission.

"He should have known." He sighed, his voice soft and pitiful. I nodded in agreement. Baekhyun continued sticking his lower lip out blatantly. "Even Yeol and I have been noticing him constantly peeking at Chen."

"But I'm sure they'll make up." I assured, giving the stairs a quick glimpse. Xiuchen haven't returned hand in hand, like what I hoped for.

"So while waiting," Baekhyun started, his lips curled up into a cheeky smirk. "How about we give our boyfriends a surprise?"

I raised an eyebrow. He giggled and holding my wrist tight, I was led up to the room he and Chanyeol shared. As Baekhyun started rummaging through an open drawer, I took a seat on their bed. Their shoes were placed orderly on the rack and the shirts were washed and hung neatly in the cabinet. Compared to my room, theirs were way too high standard.

"There you go!" Baekhyun announced and thrusted a box to me. I swallowed and eyed him confusedly.

"You wanna..."

"Yeah!" He dragged me to their private toilet. "Let's dye our hair!"

"Why the sudden urge?" We sat down on a stool as he handed me a variety of different colours to choose from.

"Didn't Sehun tell you?" Disbelief was written on his face. "Yeol is bringing him for a hairdo."

I laughed while subconsciously imagining Sehun returning with lime green locks (that resembled joker) and pushed the boxes of colouring back to him. He arched a perfect brow and I gave him a warm smile.

"Pick one for me."

Smirking, he waved a box of striking orange hair dye playfully. "I'll turn you into a clown." He teased but I just shrugged.

"Whatever, I'm putting my faith in you." I ruffled his current ugly yellow hair.

"Besides, I'm sure Sehun would have done the same thing."

¤¤¤¤¤

YASS LUHAN YOU ARE SO RIGHT! HE DID DO THE SAME THING! lovers instinct ~ <3

And just saying, Joker is my absolute idollll apart from hunhan n D.OOOOOO