Chapter 72

Chapter 72

Sehun's pov:

Fate could be real cruel sometimes.

I had just excused myself from the dining room back to my empty, isolated room when Xiumin's voice made me halt in my tracks. It wasn't his voice that surprised me though. It was who his words were directed to.

"Luhan, I swear you're not thinking properly. Maybe- " My heart had fluttered at the sound of my lover's name.

Two full weeks of not communicating, two weeks of assuming that he had forgotten about us, two weeks of trying to act alright in front of the members. I was not okay, I was heartbroken. He had left us, taking a piece of me with him. It was so difficult to mask up every silent cry with a smile or laugh. It was so painful. And all of a sudden, to find out that he had still been in contact with one of the members...

That wasn't me...

The thought was despairing, confirming my unbelieving assumptions that Luhan, truly, didn't love me anymore. I blinked back the stinging tears underneath my eyelids, leaning on the wall.

"Luhan! Luhan don't you dare hang up on me! I swear- " The older male yelled again before his voice was harshly cut off with a profanity. I flinched when a loud slam was heard from inside, probably from hitting the already faulty, shaky sink.

"Fuck!"

Xiumin was never one to curse often. Being the oldest among us all, he was always quiet and demure, setting a really good example for everyone to follow. So it really caught me off guard to hear such vulgar language. However the shock could not be compared to what I saw when the bathroom door slid open.

Xiumin was equally surprised as I was upon the sight of me and instantly, he began wiping off the tears near the corner of his eyes, sniffing casually. "What are you doing here Sehun?" He flashed a smile, like he hadn't been crying moments ago. "You should be having your dinner with the others."

I shook my head, taking a step forward with my hands outstretched. Xiumin wearily eyed my actions, but after wrapping my arms around his muscular body, he let out a choked sob, hiding his face into the crook of my neck. I sighed and stroked his blonde hair, knowing exactly who had made him cry. "You can tell me anything hyung."

"I know," Xiumin broke away from me, chuckling unnaturally to cover up the nasty awkward tension. "I haven't been honest with the members. I really should start off by telling you everything first since you have the right to know about him." I know who. "Since he broke our promise, I shouldn't bother keeping this a secret any longer." Xiumin continued, gesturing me into the bathroom, where he promptly locked the door shut. Upon making ourselves comfortable on the floor, he glanced down to pick at the lint balls forming on his cheap material of a shirt.

"About Luhan... There's so much you should know about him."

"I don't need to." Shaking my head, my elbows tucked my knees up into a tight hold. "I just want to know what you meant by Luhan- " I swallowed. " -breaking his promise."

Xiumin looked furious, his fists clenched tightly beside his hips. "That little piece of shit made me promise him that we'd keep our communication private. He wouldn't let his manager know and in return, I couldn't tell any of you guys." He paused for a moment to clear his throat, before continuing. "But on the phone a while ago, he wanted to cut all ties with us all of a sudden. And he didn't even give me a good reason for it."

"What did he say?"

Xiumin scoffed dryly in reply, but the hurt was still clearly reflected in his eyes. "He thought it'd be better if we stopped talking since we were in two different countries. We wouldn't have the chance to see one another again, and he felt that there wasn't a point to stay in touch." Afterwards, there was a hum of silence between us for a moment, where the members' voice from outside could be made out clearly.