Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Luhan's pov:

"Your tour to Shanghai is in a week's time." The male stated, his beady eyes darting up and down at my outfit. Instantly, he frowned at the sight. "There will be many public figures present at the dinner, I would suggest you make yourself presentable."

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and as soon as he made his way out of my designated hotel room, I stuck my tongue out. My life was simple and dandy, the only limitation was this infuriating man that had high and unreachable expectations for me. It was six in the evening, I was in my room, chilling and watching football matches, when he had suddenly barged in, just to inform me about some stupid tour. Two years of leaving EXO, my life was great. Running man was entertaining, and had also gained me more fans than before. I was way closer to my family, and had the time to visit them every once in a month. It was just this incessant and controlling manager, who made life difficult, who would expect me to dress well even though I wasn't in any open place. No one, in their right mind, would wear a suit and tie in their own room.

Sighing, I focused my attention back to the TV. As the football was shot straight into the goal, my shoulders involuntarily slumped. There were times when my life was normal and just like every ordinary teenager, I enjoyed playing soccer with schoolmates. After taking up an idol career, Xiumin and I had always made time to have a quick game. Well, that was until he had pushed me straight into a puddle of mud that fateful day.

My phone buzzed.

As I whipped a glance at the phone screen, my jaw dropped, hand nearly losing grip of the device. After so many years of not contacting, I was genuinely surprised he had even kept my number. There was just no way he would send me a message all of a sudden. Something must have happened. The phone vibrated again.

Ex manager - Come back to SMent.

Ex manager - You have such great potential, I'm sure you don't want it to go to waste.

Ex manager - You don't have to feel awkward since your contract with SM was never really fully terminated.

Something was definitely wrong. He wanted me to return, and there were never cases of ex members returning back to their original band. Something was very wrong. However, not wanting to raise any suspicions, I hastily typed back.

Me - I'm happy as a solo artist.

Ex manager -  It's a matter between life and death.

I didn't reply, contradictory to the furious thumping of my heart. My mind had unknowinglyly visualised every possible situation that may have happened. EXO might be disbanding, or perhaps someone in the group was dying. My heart lurched. The thought of someone  that was once so dear to me, gravely injured had my skin prickling in fear.

Ex manager - Sehun is in the hospital.

My hands turned into jelly as this time, my phone had landed on the floor with a thud. A part of me hadn't properly registered the message. Sehun was in the hospital. He was in the hospital. My baby was in the hospital. Tears started forming beneath my eyelids as I swiftly picked my phone up from the ground.

Me - What happened?

While waiting for his reply, I stood up, pacing up and down the room anxiously. Sehun was my first friend back in the trainee days. He'd always look out for me, just like I did. After leaving EXO, he had deleted all the photos taken with me on social media. And from then, we never had the opportunity to talk. I tried to get Xiumin to convince him, but it never worked, knowing how he could never forgive me for leaving.