Chapter 50: Prom Part 1

I woke up this morning with out Shun in bed. That was really crazy because I usually will be up before he would.

Today makes 2 days before prom. I'm so excited. I'm kinda scared for the most part because this is still all new to me. Having Shun in my life this long is still new to me.

I feel like it's our wedding day coming up. I went down stairs and I saw everybody except Shun.

Mari: Monji, where Shun?

Monji: Don't know.

Mari: Do not play with me.

Monji: I really don't know.

Pj: He said he would be right back. Calm down son.

Mari: Yes sir.

Kyla: Somebody know they in love

Mari: And is.

Trell: Too in love.

Pj: Leave your brother alone Latrell.

Mari: Thanks daddy.

Shun: Hello everybody...I need you 4 to  get packed and ready to go. We gotta be gone before 12 o'clock.

Mari: Where we going.

Shun: It's a surprise. Now go get packed.

I don't know what's going on but what ever it is I hope it's something nice. I went back down stairs and I saw that everybody was ready.

We was out the door and we were headed down town. We pulled up to The Ritz-Carlton Hotel.

Mari: What are we doing here baby.

Shun: Just to stay a couple of nights shawty.

Mari: Aww baby.

Shun: Your dad is going to walk you in. He wanted to talk to you. One of those be on your best behavior speeches.

Mari: Ok.

Shun: Ok, you 3, I'm proposing with a promise ring to Mari at prom.

Kyla: Uh ohh. I can't take it. Y'all are just too cute.

Shun: But he doesn't know. That's where y'all come in. Tonight I'm staying in the room with Mari...but the next night I'm not. You know how they do on wedding days.

Monji: That's what's up my dude.

Trell: I can't believe this...Monji take notes.

Monji: Mann I'm trying.

Shun: Not today or the next please. Back to what I was saying...the limo is going to pick y'all up. When y'all get there I'll be standing at the limo. Y'all are gonna get out first. Imma have flowers. Do I need to continue?

Kyla: We got it.

Shun: Ok. I'll see y'all later.

•Father & Son Talk•

Pj: I want you guys to be on your best behaviors.

Mari: Dad ok I got it.

Pj: Ok. Have fun. I love you.

Mari: I love you too father.

I went up to my hotel room and I was tired. I started pulling the covers back and Shun walked in.

Mari: Hey baby.

Shun: Sup shawty.

Mari: nothing tired...lets go to sleep.

Shun: Aight.

I woke up this morning without Shun no where in the room. As I was feeling for his body on the empty sheets I felt this piece of paper.

It was a note. It said:

Dear Mari,

I wanted you to have the best prom ever. The reason I am not there right now is because I wanted it to feel like it's our wedding day. I wanted to make our own prom tradition. I will see you at prom. I ran you a hot bath. Go get freshened up and enjoy your day. There's a limo waiting outside waiting on you. He will take you anywhere you want to go. I got you a little something something. There's a box on the night stand. I love you baby.

After I read the note I started crying. I got the box that was on the night stand and I opened it.

It was a gold diamond bracelet. I love him so much.