Chapter 60: Graduation Dinner

After the ceremony was over me and Kyla walked to Shun's car talking about what had just happened...

Kyla: What are you going to do?

Mari: (Starts Crying Really Hard) I don't know what to say. I shouldn't be mad, I should be happy he got a Scholarship in the first place. The question is, will he be able to handle being by his self.

Kyla: True. Doesn't he want to get drafted to the Golden State Worries.

Mari: Yeah.

Kyla: So do you remember when we was at the mall and you didn't want Shun to play basketball no more because they were only in class for a short period Oh of time and I told you to don't make him quit anything he loves to do?

Mari: Yeah, I remember.

Kyla: And it's not like I'm not going to JSU with you.

Mari: I know but he gets to stay at home.

Kyla: I know boo. It's gone be alright. Here they come...I'll see you at the dinner.

Mari: Ok.

After Kyla left I got in the car and waited for Shun to get in. When he got in I seen the yellow and turquoise envelope on top of his Diploma.

Shun: We did it shanty.

Mari: ...

Shun: You know I don't have to go.

Mari: And what if you don't. I don't want you missing out on anything that will make your career better. Am I upset? Yes. But I have to be strong and trust that you will do the right things. For our family in the future.

Shun: So you do want to have a family with me?

Mari: Shun, I've been saying it for the longest. I'm just waiting for the right time. Under on condition.

Shun: What's that.

Mari: Make me proud. Work hard. When you get drafted it will let me know how hard you worked. For us.

Shun: I got you baby. Now let's get outta here and party.

Mari: Lets lol.

We arrived to the dinner and all my family was here. Even Shun's little brother. I picked him up and carried him inside with Shun holding my hand. I was glad we had that talk but as soon as he touched my hand, I knew I didn't never want him to let it go.

We walked in and everybody was happy and cheering for us. The excitement only reminded me how awesome our wedding was going to be. I gave Shun his little brother and I went to go sit down by Kyla, Monji, and Trell.

They were all talking with smiles.

Mari: Heyy y'all.

Kyla: So did y'all talk?

Mari: Yeah it turned out good, but I'm still sad.

Kyla: Shh. Shun is in stage.

I turnt my full attention on Shun.

Shun: Umm, Hi everybody. I just wanted to say what's been on my mind.  I have this amazing boyfriend of mine. Today I got some good news. Some news that could've broke us. But it made us stronger. Now we're walking out on faith. I love him so much. I just want him to know how much I loved him.

A smile instantly grew on my face with tears of joy falling.