Chapter 60: Pain

LOUIS’ POV

I remember the exact day I asked Andrea to be mine forever. I smiled at the memory. It was the day that she told me that I could be hers forever and that she could be mine forever.

It was such an amazing moment. It was one of the best decisions I could ever make in my life. One of the best decisions on my part anyways.

Now, 2 months later, I am sitting in the back of Josh’s car. We are driving to their flat, where Devin had taken Andrea to their flat from the hospital.

That painful thought made my head throb. She had forgotten everything. She had forgotten about us! She’ll never love me again! She will find someone more handsome, funnier, sweeter, kinder, and someone who can protect her. Someone better than me.

Josh had come to pick me up from the ice rink, that where I had run to. Now we were driving to go see Andrea. The other lads were in the car as well. I tried to put as much distance between us as I could. I really didn’t feel like talking to anyone. They all said that ‘things are going to be alright!’

Well, I call bullshit to that! Things aren’t going to be ‘alright!’ Stop lying to me!

I jumped back, startled by a hand tapping my shoulder. I looked up and saw Niall, he was looking sadly at me.

“We’re here, mate!” He said. That was when I noticed we had parked and with that, everyone piled out of the car and left me. Taking shaky, deep breaths, I tried to calm myself.

Has Devs told her anything? Has she told her everything? Will Andrea hate me? Will she...Oh My God!

It’s just going to be like starting over again. At least she doesn’t remember her dad anymore! But, she doesn’t remember me either! She doesn’t remember how I saved her life, after what her father did to her. She doesn’t remember any of her brothers. Zayn, Liam, Isaac, Gerard! Harry is her brother too, although he didn’t find out until recently. But, she doesn’t know! She doesn’t remember Niall, her best friend! She doesn’t remember any of her girlfriends. Dani, Nicole, Alyssa, Devin, or Perrie.  I don’t know what I’m going to do!

I slowly climbed out of the car and was surprised by the bright flashing lights of the paparazzi’s cameras and the fans. The lads were already inside Devin’s and Josh’s flat.

“Louis! Is it true?”

“Is Andrea out of her coma?”

“Did she forget about you?”

“Does she still love you, Louis?”

“Does she not love you anymore, Louis?”

“Is it true that she doesn’t remember anything?”

I kept my head down, not responding to anyone as I slowly trudged inside. The fans grabbed at me, but I completely ignored them, as the tears streamed down my face. I just couldn’t, not yet. I knew the fans meant well, and they wanted her to remember so they wouldn’t have to see me like this. I just couldn’t find myself to talk to them yet.

I let myself inside the flat. I walked down the entry way and stood behind the door by their room. I listened into their conversation in the next room.

“Devin, we cannot just leave her in the dark! We have to tell her, if we don’t , we will just be keeping secrets from her! She deserves to know!” I hear Josh say harshly.

“Are you sure? I mean, she seemed shocked when I told her, her dad was in prison! Do you think she will be able to handle that?” Devin whispered back.  

“Tell me what?” Andrea piped up. I found myself asking the same question. I listened to the conversation, which I’m assuming I wasn’t supposed to hear.