Chapter 91: Waiting

LOUIS’ POV

I woke up and saw that Alyssa and Dr. Connors were in the room. I stretched and walked over to her bed.

“Good morning, Louis. The operation went smoothly yesterday. I stitched up all her cuts and she had some major internal bleeding, but I fixed that as well. She’s a fighter, I can tell you that.” He told me.

“So, what are the major injuries?” I asked.

“Well, she has a broken ankle and a broken wrist. She has a couple of infections, so I put her on antibiotics. She is severely malnourished, so she will be on an IV for quite a while. Louis, it will take some time for her to recover from all this. Her body needs time to recover. I’ve put her in a medically induced coma so her body has time to heal and it doesn’t have to work so hard. I’ve also put her on a ventilator so she doesn’t have to overwork her lungs.” He told me.

“Thank you, Dr. Connors, you’ve been such a help.” I told him.

“It’s my job, Louis. I have some other patients to tend to at the hospital, I’ll be back later. Don’t hesitate to call if anything is wrong.” He replied, while he packed up and left.

Alyssa checked over her and I saw her take her knickers off.

“Please tell me he didn’t!” I begged her.

“I’m sorry Louis!” She replied, looking at me sadly.

She went back to work and I stormed out of the room. I made it to the elevator to go down and my fist went through the wall as I let out a pained shout. It wasn’t the physical pain of punching the wall that made me want to cry. It was the pain he put her through. The pain she had to go through, because of him. Niall, Liam, Harry, and Zayn rushed over to see what happened.

“Louis, she’s okay now. Alyssa and Dr. Connor are doing everything they can to get her healthy again. She’s safe now, she’s perfectly safe.” Liam tried to comfort me. I shoved him off of me. I watched as one of my best friends fell painfully to the ground, hitting a table. He wasn’t angry at me as he got up off the ground. His brown eyes held nothing but pity.

“It’s over, Louis, Devon and Andrea’s dad are dead. You have her here with you. She’s safe now, we can protect her.” Zayn replied, not coming any closer to me.

It took everything I had in me not to break down and cry right then and there. My Andrea. MY girl. She meant absolutely everything to me. Her laugh made smile appear on my face on my darkest of days. Her fits of anger kept me on my toes. Her sarcastic comments and snarky attitude proved I had met my match. When she cried, it’s like I felt her pain. Her love was my world. SHE was my world. Without her, I don’t know what I would do. SHE meant absolutely everything to me.

I went back into the house as soon as I had calmed down. I went back downstairs. I walked into the emergency room and saw that Alyssa was just finishing up.

“Hey Alyssa, do you think I could talk to you for a second.” I asked.

“Of course, what’s up?” She asked.

“I wanted to apologize for the way I talked to you yesterday. I had no right talking to you like that. It was out of order and I took my anger out on you. For that I apologize.” I told her.

“Why do you even care?” She asked.

“Because, I know that it would kill Niall in anything happened to you. When you became Niall’s girlfriend, you joined the gang as an honorary member, right? So, whether you like it or not, you are my sister. And as much as you angered me yesterday, I have to protect you. Just like I have to protect my brothers. It’s what we do. We’re family.” I replied.