Chapter 61: Moment In Time

LOUIS’ POV

I remember the first time I left Andrea for tour. It was so painful. But looking back, I didn’t know pain until now!

What I am in now is pain!

This is beyond painful, this was heartbreak.

I still couldn’t get the thought through my head though. Andrea, my girl, had lost her memory, our everything!

I pushed my lips together tightly, trying not to cry. A hand shook my shoulder gently, making me jump. My vision cleared up and I saw Niall in front of me.

“C’mon, mate. Time to go on!”

Oh yeah, we have to go out and do a concert. I’m not sure if I can do a concert. It’s only been like a week since the incident. I feel like I haven’t sung in ages.

Can I really go stand in front of a sea of fans? Don’t get me wrong, I love my fans! But, right now I just can’t get Andrea out of my mind.

I know I can’t leave the band. One Direction is my dream come true, the lads are like brothers to me. I just couldn’t stand to leave them.

So if that meant going out on stage and singing tonight, I will. For them, for my lost love. We were doing a little extra tour dates to kick off our third world tour in London.

There was buzzing as we walked around the darkened backstage. I could hear scream that pierced my ears coming from the venue, which made me cringe. Maybe I couldn’t do this, I could possibly sneak away somehow-

A large hand was on my back and shoved me onto the stage. Well, no going back now!

"Hellooooo London!” Liam shouted into the roaring crowd. I shoved my ear piece into my ear.

“LOUIS, I LOVE YOU!” Nothing I haven’t heard before, hearing the fans scream that at me. Yet, hearing it now, it sounded different. After what happened, it just doesn’t sound the same.

We went through the majority of our new songs, as I tried to act as normal as I possibly could. When the boys went around and made jokes, running around, acting like goofballs, I did the exact same. In reality, I wasn’t physically there. I was off in my own world, thinking about Andrea.

I just couldn’t find myself to look at the crowd.

Whenever I sang, my voice was rough and scratchy. I found I had a hard time singing, I used to sing for Andrea all the time.

The concert didn’t go very fast at all. It went painfully slow, I mean literally painful. I felt like I was going to break down every second, I couldn’t do this!

But I knew I had to be strong.

The concert was almost over, just one more song. The fans were starting to notice how quiet I was being and how laid off I was, almost knowing what I was going through. I give respect to them.

“Now for the next song,”  Zayn suddenly spoke out to the crowd. “we are doing an oldie!”

The crowd whooped and hollered.

No one had informed me about this. What song were we singing? Was it a song from the Take Me Home tour? That was a year ago, possibly Up All Night?

A guitar strummed in the background, the chords of one of our songs off our last album, They Don’t Know About Us, coming through to me.

I could feel my eyes widen and my throat immediately was dry. Fuck, no, not this. Anything but this song. Please no, don’t make me sing this.

I can’t! I won’t!