Lady of the Light and Dark

One step and then another, the unsuspecting man moved towards the four of you. Eyes of an undecipherable color watched from the darkness of the shadows. Their ears heard the clanking of the guard's metal armor while his left armored hand rested on the hilt of his battle axe. He was a fairly new guard in the castle and was of the age of twenty. Red wavy hair rested underneath his metal helmet. Ceran was always easily distracted, seemingly by the thoughts of his mind. The figure had overheard a conversation once between Ceran and another guard. Apparently the young man was working at the castle, as a way to fund his adventurous plans into other parts of the world.

Watching, the unknown figure witnessed the blue-haired male unsheathe the saber at his side. Would he kill the young guard? They didn't want Ceran to die, but at the same time Umelius needed to be stopped. He was proceeding down a path that not even the figure could accept. The unsheathed blade came towards its target, as the guard looked up. His brown eyes widened at the sight of the approaching threat, but a chain wrapped in green vines reached the guard first. It secured itself around Ceran's neck, blocking off oxygen from his lungs for just enough time to cause him to pass out. Falling to the ground unconscious, his armor clanked loudly against the stone. A small smile graced the figure's face, as she witnessed the action of the petite cloaked girl and saw her wielding her queen's weapon.

Not knowing that this figure was watching the four of you, you hastily asked, "What now? Surely, other guards will find him, especially from the sound of his armor hitting the ground."

"I still don't see why you prevented me from killing him," Heart muttered, sheathing the saber.

"I didn't kill him because there was no point in doing so. Either way our intrusion is probably now known, or will be known soon enough. Thus we must hurry to the exit of the dungeon before all the other guards and the Equ Army reach it."

You were about to nod your head in agreement, but a flicker of light caught your eye. It wasn't the torches, but resembled the weird light you saw at the top of the castle wall. Frankly, you were going to pass it off as an illusion of your now frenzied mind, but the light stopped and turned around? Wait, that couldn't be right. It was staring at you.

The figure was going to run off, but they stopped when they caught your gaze. You were staring right at them. No one could see them, or at least they weren't supposed to. Unless, you happened to be an ace, but that was impossible. They had been killed before the figure was even born. Then again there was the rumor that a few aces still lived when they were alive, how interesting. Finding it beneficial to help you and your companions, they extended their right arm out and signaled you to follow them, for after looking over your appearance once more they knew you were the Queen of Clovers.

Did it want you to follow it? You just continued to stare, not knowing what to do? Your mind seemed to be at war with itself. Should you, or shouldn't you go follow the moving light? Metal boots contacting the ground behind you signaled that you needed to get moving, but you already were. Fade and the brothers were heading in the opposite direction of the light. Startled by this realization, you noticed the light indicating more fiercely for you to follow it. Something in the back of your mind pleaded you to go towards the light source and in your dire situation you decided maybe you should follow that settle notion.

"Everyone, stop. I think we should go the other way," you whispered, pointing to where the light was waiting.

"_____, I assure you that I know where I am going," Fade responded, haste evident in her eyes, as she made it clear that she didn't see the light source by completing ignoring its presence.

"I know, but I just think we should go that way."

Fade gave you a puzzled look before muttering, "Well I guess it also leads to the exit, but why do you think we should go that way? You've never been down here before."

"I just have a feeling, so trust me and let's go before the guards reach us," you responded, though you didn't understand why they couldn't see the strange light.

Both brothers glanced at Fade, who only shook her head and mumbled, "The things I do for my friend."

She turned around and began going in the direction that you wanted to go. As the four of you approached the light source, you could make out a smile on it and other human characteristics. What was puzzling you was the fact that they could still not see the weird light? Why could only you see it? The light moved on ahead of you four and proceeded to guide you through the dungeon, or rather you gave directions to Fade after the light pointed in a certain direction.

During this process, Fade just kept shaking her head at you, obviously beginning to grow more and more suspicious. The metal boots of the guards could still be heard behind the four of you and the sound of hooves filled the halls as well. When the four of you made a turn to the right, Fade stopped abruptly, looking slightly irritated while she caught her breath.

"That's it; _____, if we head this way then we're going in the opposite direction of the exit. Don't you remember me saying that there's only one way out except for the secret entrance? Besides, we can't go back the way we came, or we wouldn't have made any progress. Now tell me what's going through your head."

"Fine, but this is going to sound crazy. Well, the thing is ... I'm receiving directions from this."

A loud rustle of feet caught your attention before it went dead silent in the dungeon. Your hands once again slightly tightened their hold on Diamond's jacket, as the four of you were surrounded by guards and The Equ army. You glanced over at the light source and heard something come from it. Was it now speaking?

"D*mn it, d*mn it. They weren't supposed to come this way. Umelius wasn't supposed to change the schedule of the guards until tomorrow," the thing yelled, though, you took note of its feminine voice.

Feeling Diamond's grip increase on you, you stared up at him and noticed the dark expression painting his face. A mixture of annoyance and bloodlust circled in his reddish-orange eyes while Heart only smirked in a slightly terrifying way. They were obviously getting ready to fight back, allowing their darker interests to take over. Fade drew her queen's weapon and prepared herself as well. You pulled lightly on Diamond's jacket, signaling him to let you down, so you could fight as well.

He merely sighed before stating and setting you down, "Be careful, Miss ____."

"Of course," you replied, resting your hands over your daggers, but the light took you off guard, as it now stood directly in front of you.

From such a perspective, you could easily see that it had a human shape. It had no discernible characteristics like eye color, hair, etc., but you could tell that it was a female. The way its glowing clothes hugged its body made it clear. Besides a glowing hood covered most of its face and only the outlines of a mouth could be determined. In all honesty, it looked like a glowing silhouette of a female human.

"We have no time for you to be staring at me, Queen of Clovers. Now press that stone directly behind your head. I'd do it myself, but my hand would go through the wall."

Still baffled by this, you slowly nodded and pressed the stone that she was pointing to. In an instance a loud rumbling sound echoed throughout the dungeon. An opening appeared in the wall, revealing a room behind it. Not a second later you dashed in with the brothers and Fade going in after you. Seeing a lever on inside the room, you pulled, which caused the stones to instantly fill the space they had just left. For now you were safe, but the guards and Equ army now knew where the switch was as well. They could get in easily. Moreover, there was nowhere to go. All of you were trapped in a small stone room. How were you going to get out of this?

Taking notice of your growing panic, the figure sighed before voicing, "Calm down, only a king or queen can activate that switch."

Hearing this you breathed out a sigh of relief, but continued to wonder how to get out of this room. Glancing over at Fade, you saw her giving you a perplexed look while the brothers bore similar expressions. You were going to tell them about the strange being in the room with you, but before you could say anything a glowing hand covered your mouth, or rather floated above your mouth.

"Don't say anything about me. You must keep me a secret, do you understand?"

"Fine," you whispered in an inaudible voice.

Personally, you didn't know why you were going along with this light being, but you wanted to be cautious. Who knew what it was capable of?

"My dear lady, would you mind explaining to us why you're acting so strange. First you're navigating us through the dungeon and now you know how to open a secret room. What's going on?"

"I'm not sure exactly. Maybe it has something to do with my ace abilities. I might have some power I don't know about," you lied, but then again did you truly just lie to them?