Ch. 60 It's Official

{ L E I G H - A N N E }

I woke up as soon as I felt the car skid to a stop in front of the arena. We were in Oregon's capital, Salem.

It was time for me to tell Jordan.

I pushed my curtain aside, listening to the sounds of the early morning. I could hear the several other people around me snoring, so I took my opportunity to get dressed. After that, I slipped quietly passed the front room, waving to Roberto as I passed.  

The cool Salem air hit me at full force as I stepped out. I could already see some fans camping out in front of the gates that surrounded the arena, feeling bad that they'd had to sleep in such chilly conditions. 

"Maybe we'll bring them hot chocolate later," I mused to myself, walking to my left, where there was a gap to walk through to the street without any fans seeing me. 

As I just reached the gap, a hand on my shoulder made me jump. I yelped softly and turned to see Perrie standing there, all dressed and ready to go.

"What are you doing?" she asked, putting an arm around my shoulders.

"I was just going out to get something for breakfast," I replied as we continued walking.

Perrie nodded. "Can I join you?"

I smiled. "Sure."

"You okay?" she asked. "You look rather pale." 

I sighed and shook my head. "Let's just go eat first." 

"Something's on your mind," she said decisively.

I didn't answer, just looked at the clear morning sky.

Something's not on my mind. It's someone. And I was getting increasingly scared and nervous to talk to them about the thing in my stomach.

*** 

"Okay. Spill," Perrie said as soon as our food arrived. I exhaled, taking a small bite of my eggs.

"Umm...isn't it pretty today?' I offered meekly, scratching my cheek uncomfortably. 

"Leigh," she said softly, making me look up. "Whatever it is, you can tell me."

I shook my head, tears collecting in my eyes. I sighed, "I was going to tell Jordan today, but I don't think I can do it."

Perrie gave me a warm smile. "I'm here to support you. You can call him because you're strong. I love you."

I smiled. "Maybe later," I decided.

Perrie shook her head. "No. Now." She slid my phone closer to me on the table. I sighed, glaring playfully at her, but glad she was making me do it.

"Better now than never," I muttered, unlocking my phone and finding Jordan's contact. It dialed and I brought it up to my ear, holding my breath.

Jordan picked up after a few rings. "Leigh? Hi! What's going on?"

I let out my breath. "Hi Jordan, nothing much. How are you?"

"Still heartbroken but hoping this is a make up call," he chuckled.

I smiled meekly. That's so not what this is. "Um, I have something to tell you."

"What is it?" Jordan asked.

"It's kind of a funny story actually . . ."

"Just tell me, Leigh," he chuckled. "It's not like you're pregnant or something."