Ch. 22 Let's Celebrate the Day You Left Your Mother's Uterus

{ J A D E }

I woke up to Perrie's phone ringing off the hook.

"Jade . . . get it," she mumbled, turning over and shoving her face into a pillow. I chuckled and obliged.

"Hello, Perrie's phone." I cleared my throat.

"Who is this?" someone snarled into the receiver. That voice was familiar . . .

"Zayn?" I asked incredulously.

"I want to speak with Perrie."

"She's sleeping."

"With you?"

"As a matter of fact, yes," I smirked.

"Wake her up."

"No."

"Will you give her a message for me then?" he asked.

"Depends."

"Tell her I said I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry," he sobbed into the phone.

"Whatever. I think you just need to give her time."

"Fine. I'll give her anything. I love her."

"Didn't sound like it," I growled, getting annoyed.

"I was drunk! I didn't mean a word of it. I owe you an apology as well, Jade. I was sad and depressed. It's still hazy, to be honest."

"Well, let me refresh your memory. You called me a whore, and you called the girl you supposedly 'love' a dirty slut and a stupid bitch." I heard him gasp.

"I said that? To her?"

"Yes. But don't worry, she defended herself quite well. You can't keep hurting her like this. If you love her, then let her go." I softened my tone. He laughed harshly.

"If you were in my place, would you?"

". . . I love her, so yes. It'd hurt, but as long as she's happy, then I'd try to be happy too," I answered carefully.

"I'm sorry, but I don't believe you. I may have lost Perrie as a friend, but I'll never stop trying to get her back."

"You'll keep your hands off her," I hissed, and my hands balled into fists.

"You can't really make me now, can you?"

"I'm hanging up."

"Wait - do you know what today is?"

"Umm . . . Thursday?"

"Perrie's 21st birthday. Some girlfriend you are." He hung up. My mouth dropped open and I stared blankly at the phone. Was it really? I looked at her sleeping figure next to me. Why didn't she tell me? 'Cause she doesn't want you making a big deal of it. or maybe she wants to see if you remembered. Whatever the case, I was going to make sure it was the best birthday ever. I kissed her temple and slipped out of bed, rounding up the girls and settling in the lounge.

I've got a party to plan.

        ***

"Jesy, you stay home with Perrie," I ordered, after explaining my plan to the girls.

"Why me?"

"Because I can't trust anyone else to keep a secret."

"Hey!" Leigh frowned. Jesy smirked, and nodded.

"Okay, I'll be good," she promised. We dressed quickly, then headed out.

Only the best for her.