Ch. 36 Dios Mio!

{ P E R R I E }

"What. The. Hell."

"Please tell me this isn't from who I think it is," Jade says quietly.

"Who else would it be?!"

"How did he get into the party?"

I paused. "He's on parole. He isn't supposed to leave the state, let alone the country."

"So either your father broke parole, or he got someone else to leave this."

"But how did they get into the party?"

She shrugged. "Maybe Simon's friend is buddies with one of his."

"Until we find out who left that note, we can't do anything."

Jade shook her head. "No. I can call and tighten up the security on your family. After all, he could've meant that he's closer to them, not us."

I kissed her forehead. "Thank you. As long as they're safe, I don't care if he comes after me."

"But I do, so I'm tightening yours too."

"You don't have to do that. I'm with you practically all the time."

"I don't care."

I sigh, running a hand through my tangled blonde hair. "I'm scared. I don't want him to come after you guys."

"Why is he even doing this?"

I shrugged. "He could have been drunk when he planned this out. He could be angry - angry that my mum doesn't want him back, angry that his life is falling apart just when mine is starting to come together. I don't know. I just don't want anyone I love to get hurt because of me."

"It isn't your fault, it's his."

"I know, but I can't help but think that maybe if I wasn't here, that maybe none of this would've hap-"

"Don't you get it? If you weren't here, we wouldn't have a new band member. If you weren't here, I would be out right now, probably drinking in some club. If you weren't here, that girl from the signing would've never found closure. If you weren't here, I wouldn't have a reason to smile. Everyday."

I leaned in to kiss her softly. "Thank you for that." I hugged her tight, nuzzling my nose into her neck. "I love you."

She smiled. "I love you too. Which is why," she pulled out her cell phone and dialled Simon's number, "I'm fixing this, right now. Get some sleep. I don't want you to worry about this any longer."

I smiled and nodded, laying down on the pillows. Jade remained sitting up next to me, her hand absentmindedly stroking my hair back. I threw my arm around her torso, hugging her to me.

"Goodnight, love," she whispered, leaning over to kiss my nose. I smiled and pulled her closer, kissing her lightly.

"Goodnight. I love you."

"Love you, forever and always," she answered before pressing the green button on her cell phone and holding it to her ear. By the time Simon picked up, I was already dozing off, thankful I had someone as perfect as Jade in my life.

***

{ J A D E }

I woke up the next morning to find Perrie already awake and dressed in a simple pair of blue jeans and a white blouse top.

"Morning gorgeous," I mumbled, turning over. I was dead tired from staying up so late talking to Simon about Perrie. In the end he promised to add more security to her and her family, and also promised to do extensive background checks on everyone he hired.