Ch. 66 That Awkward Moment

{ J A D E }

I held Perrie's hand tightly, watching as she slowly found Ellie's contact and pressed, 'Call'. My thumb traced light circles on her hand, trying to ease her. We met eyes, but she didn't smile, just scrunched her eyebrows in a mixture of sadness and nerves.

"Hello?" she whispered, her voice cracking. "Excuse me," she mouthed, standing up and walking towards the back room. I got up to follow her, but she held her hand up and shook her head. She gave me a half-hearted smile and kissed my cheek before closing the door behind her. I slowly turned around to face our group. I looked at Leigh-Anne, who was staring at her stomach like it contained a nuclear bomb set to blow any minute. 

"Are you okay?" I asked her, sitting down on the floor by her feet. She swallowed and shook her head, small droplets falling from her eyes and splashing onto her knee.

"It's gonna be alright," Jesy comforted, patting her hand. She yanked it away and curled up into the couch, wrapping her arms around herself 

"She's right. I'm know the baby's fine," I added.

Leigh huffed and looked at me, a half crazed glint in her eyes. "Don't you tell me what is and what's not wrong with my baby. You don't know shit, Jade." 

I winced at her harsh tone. She closed her eyes briefly, then opened them again, looking much calmer, her eyes glassy. "Sorry. Just a little stressed."

I shrugged it off, knowing I shouldn't have messed with her. 

"Let's go see how Pezza's doing, yeah?" Jesy suggested, standing and offering her hand to Leigh, who took it and slowly climbed off the couch. They disappeared in the direction Perrie went. I decided I should stay back since she told me she didn't want me to follow her earlier. I turned to the remaining people in the room, Sam, John and the Mix Men, all with solemn looks on their faces.

"Damage control," Sam announced, pulling her phone out. We followed her lead and pulled up our Twitters, scanning through our mentions. 

"'Leigh's Bubba' is trending," Claud read, a small smile on his face. I chuckled and saw that most of the tweets were positive ones. Maybe this wasn't as bad as we thought . . .

"Someone just tweeted Leigh to have an abortion," Jaron croaked, his voice hoarse. 

I sighed and patted his shoulder. "Ignore them. They're just jealous."

Our sad silence was broken by Randall's loud laughter, making us all jump. Our eyes swiveled to him, watching as he continued to laugh, his face getting red and tears spilling down his splotchy cheeks.

"Oi mate, you really think this is a good time?" Claud asked testily, shoving his shoulder. Randall didn't answer, but instead tipped over, his head falling into Jaron's lap. 

" 'Je-Jerrie Sex' is trending," he managed to choke out, before going back to his loud guffaws. All eyes turned towards me, and I could literally feel my cheeks burning up. Shit.

"No way," Claud muttered, that familiar mischievous glint returning to his eyes.

"No don't-" I started, but it was too late. I watched in despair as they all pulled it up on their phones, reading the tweets. 

Meanwhile, Randall was still laughing at my expense. "It's funny they should trend that now, after all that's . . . happened this past week," he mused in between cackles. 

Sam's eyes widened, along with the those of the boys. She stared at me. "You didn't." 

My cheeks turned an unnatural shade of pink. "We- uh, I, erm . . ."