Ch. 72 Well I Sure as Hell Didn't See That Coming

{ P E R R I E }

What did she just say?

{ J A D E }

Oops.

Perrie sat up and turned over in surprise. "What?!"

I gulped noticeably. I hadn't meant to let that slip. I mean, sure I wanted to marry her, but . . .

"Jade, did you just . . . propose?!" she asked incredulously.

I frowned at her tone. Did marrying me sound like that bad of a concept? I sniffed and looked at the ceiling. "Maybe I did."

Silence.

To my complete and utter and surprise, she started laughing. Laughing! "Oh god, you almost had me," she gasped, laying her head on my chest.

I raised an eyebrow. "You don't think I'm serious?"

She chuckled and kissed my shoulder. "No, I don't."

"Why not?"

She stopped laughing and lifted her head, looking me in the eye. "Are you serious?"

I shrugged. "Maybe."

Her jaw dropped. "Jade, I'm eighteen. You're nineteen."

"So? That makes us adults, if I remember correctly."

She scrunched her eyebrows. "We've only been dating for . . . nine months. We're only just moving in together."

I nodded. "That's exactly like marriage."

She gasped and rolled off of me. "Yes, but . . ." She shook her head smiling, "I'm not going to say yes, not after we just had sex."

I blushed and looked away from her. "Why not? We love each other, right?"

She sighed and scooted closer to me again, nestling her warm body into the crook of my arm. "Jade, you know I love you more than anything, and marrying you sounds positively perfect-"

"Then say yes."

She shook her head. "It's not that simple. How irresponsible would we look if we just up and got married at eighteen? My rule is you have to date for at least a year, and live together for one more. But it's not just that- I don't want you to propose like this- both of us sweaty and tired. Yes, it was sweet and spontaneous, but I'm pretty sure the whole wild sex part is supposed to come after I say yes." She laughed quietly. "I love you so much, but getting married is not the right move in this situation." 

I sighed, knowing she was right. "I'm sorry."

She smiled and kissed my temple. "Don't be. I love you and would love to marry you. Just not now."

I grinned and nodded. "That's fair." I yawned. "I love you."

She kissed me quickly before scooting away to grab her bra and underwear and slip them back on. She curled up to my chest again. "Don't tell me you're going to sleep naked," she joked.

I shrugged. "If I get cold, I'll put them back on."

She laughed and kissed my chest. "Whatever. If Bella walks in and is traumatized til she's 35 and sagging, then it's on you."

I smiled and, feeling bold, slipped out of bed to lock the door.

"You have a cute ass," Perrie joked from the bed, making my cheeks flush pink. I crawled back under the covers, pulling her against my chest again.

"You have a cute everything," I muttered, making her giggle.

"I love you, Jade."

I beamed and kissed her hair. "I love you too. Forever-"