Ch. 21 Love Hurts

~ 2 days later ~

{ P E R R I E }

I woke up feeling very sore. Last night, I'd challenged Jesy to a sprint – all the way to the sanctuary and back. It was six miles. She beat me by a minute, but I was exhausted (and in pain) by the end of it.

"You feeling any better?" Jade asked, walking into my room. I'd told her to go sleep in her own bed because it hurt to snuggle up to her.

"A bit, now I'm just massively sore," I groaned, trying to sit up. She rushed over to help me lean against the pillows, kissing my forehead.

"I'm gonna shower, okay?" I asked her. She nodded.

"I'm gonna wait here just in case you hurt yourself," she announce as I stepped in.

"M'kay. Love you," I mumbled.

"Love you more."

The warm water helped soothe my aching muscles, but they still hurt. I felt like a grandma, I could barely move my legs. I shuffled out of the bathroom wearing some white denim shorts and a purple sports bra.

Jade's eyebrows went up when she saw my sports bra. I rolled my eyes.

"Don't get all excited, I'm gonna go see if Leigh can go buy those ice packs," I explained. She nodded and walked over to me, scooping me up in her arms and carrying me bridal style. I gently wrapped an arm around her neck.

"Where to, love?" she asked quietly. I kissed her cheek.

"Kitchen, please." She shook her head.

"Living room. I'll bring you breakfast." I tried to protest but she stood her ground. She started down the stairs.

"You're really sweet," I whispered, pecking her chin. She glared playfully.

"No distracting the designated carrier," she informed. I giggled, then nodded in mock seriousness. I started to kiss her everywhere – her nose, her cheek, her jaw and of course, her lips. She grumbled but didn't ask me to stop.

"Here we are," she said, laying me down on the couch next to Jesy, who was also in a lot of pain.

"Serves you right," I muttered, playfully. She glared at me.

"Whatever, I'm sore but at least I won. You're just sore," she teased.

"You never told us you're some sort of sports goddess who is just good at everything," I fired back. I saw her blush at the compliment, then weakly punched my arm.

"Well all that matters now is that we're both in extreme amounts of pain. This calls for a day in, yes?" she asked.

"NOT FOR MEEEE!" Leigh called, bringing Jesy her breakfast. I shot her a confused look.

"I'm going to go into town again and find us stuff to do, so tonight we can have an old fashioned bonfire!" she announced. Jesy and I looked at each other. We shrugged. Jade brought me my breakfast and I pecked her cheek.

"Thanks. Love you," I said, digging in.

"Love you more," she said quietly, sitting on the floor in front of me.

"I'LL BE LEAVING NOW!" Leigh called. Once she left, Jade looked at us.

"Want to watch a movie?" she asked. We nodded. We each picked one. I chose Borat, Jade chose the Disney movie, Brave, and Jesy chose The A-Team.

Halfway through Borat, my phone rang on the coffee table. Jade looked at the called I.D and her expressing darkened.

"Zayn," she mouthed, handing me the phone. I picked it up.