Ch. 70 You Know Those Couples Who Are So in Love it's Gross? Yeah, That's Us

{ P E R R I E }

After Claud left, I was left alone in the room for approximately thirty seconds when the door flung open and standing in the doorway was-

"Jade," I breathed, the smile growing on my face before I could even process it.

"Perrie," she responded, striding across the room to sit in the plastic chair next to me.

"I missed you," I whispered, reaching over to tug one of her curls.

She smiled and caught my hand, holding it to her cheek. "I love you."

I bit my lip and nodded. "I love you too. Now can you tell me what happened?"

She sighed and scooted closer, her hand moving up to a spot on my neck. Her eyes were fixed on it, a broken look plastered on her face. I yelped when her thumb applied slight pressure.

"Why did you do that?" I whimpered, moving her hand away. Realization dawned on me. "Why does it hurt?!"

She didn't answer, instead closed her eyes and kissed my hand again.

"Jade, please tell me what my father did. I remember him ki- . . . kissing me . . . then I blacked out."

Her eyes snapped open. "He kissed you?"

I nodded sadly. "Which reminds me, I need to soak my mouth in bleach."

She stood up and began to pace angrily next to me. "When we got inside the room . . . you didn't have your shirt on."

My eyebrows flew up and my breath caught in my throat. "Did he . . ." I trailed off, curling up in the small bed, a slow, terrible sensation crawling up my back.

"No, I don't think so. It was just your shirt."

I let out a sigh of relief, my hand slowly reaching up to touch the sore on my neck, the awful feeling growing as I pressed it again. I sucked in a painful breath and my stomach tied into one giant knot.

"But this . . . bruise . . . it's a-"

"Yeah."

I groaned and covered my head with the blanket. "I can't believe this. I feel so . . . disgusting. I want to take a shower and never touch another human being again."

Jade sat back down, her hand reaching for mine. I shrunk away, burying my head into my pillows.

"Love, it's not your fault. He can't hurt you now."

I shook my head and flipped over, staring at the wall. "My father gave me a hickey, Jade. I was in my bra. Who knows what else he did . . ."

Jade rubbed my back, making me jump. "You're safe now," she whispered.

I looked over my shoulder at her, tears pricking in the back of her eyes. "That's what you said the last time."

She bit her lip, the first tear trailing down her cheek. Nice one, Perrie. Make her feel even worse, why don't ya? I turned back over to face her completely. "I didn't mean it like that."

She groaned sadly. "No, you're right. I broke my promise. I'm so sorry," she croaked, burying her face into the sheets, her hand gripping the rail tightly. My heart broke into a million tiny pieces as I sat there and watched her cry softly over me.

"Jade . . . please," I begged, using my fingertips to gently brush her hair back. "I'm okay. You didn't break your promise. You stopped him just in time. You're my hero, whether you believe it or not."