Ch. 24 Daddy's Girl

{ P E R R I E }

"Dad?!" I yelped. This is not happening. Jade's arm stiffened around my waist.

"What?" she mouthed. I shrugged helplessly, torn between hanging up and listening to what he had to say. I stayed on the line out of pure curiosity and put it on speaker.

"Hey sweetheart," he chirped. I made a face.

"I'm not your sweetheart. Why are you calling?"

"I can't wish my darling daughter a happy birthday?"

"You're a day late," I snapped.

"Well, happy late birthday."

"Gee thanks. Now, why are you calling?"

"No reason. Just wanted to chat."

"I hope you rot in prison."

"Now, you listen here. I'm a new man."

I scoffed. "I highly doubt that."

"I don't care if you believe me. But I do want to see you guys."

I gasped. "If you ever come near them, I will personally make sure the only view you ever see is the inside of your jail cell, you bastard!"

"Now, you listen here, you little bit-"

"No, you listen, you asshole. You ruined our lives. You trashed our dreams. Well, I'm finally living mine and Mum is happy again. Without you. So I'm gonna need you to take a major step back and accept that we don't want you in our lives." Jade pecked my cheek and gave me a reassuring smile. I tried to smile back.

"THAT'S NOT HOW YOU SPEAK TO YOUR FATHER, YOU LITTLE CUNT!" he screamed into the phone. Jade gasped and I held back tears.

"You're not my father and you never will be, so don't mess with my family. You do, and you'll find out the only you'll need worry about is which one of your cell mates is going to butt fuck you to sleep every night. You're going to die old and alone. Pathetic, isn't it? You'll never get that fairy tale ending you used to talk to about us having. Well you brought it upon yourself. I'm hanging up now, I've got to get back to my own happily ever after." I snapped the phone shut before he could reply, breathing heavily.

"Perrie, I-"Jade began.

"Scary, isn't it?" I cut her off. She paused and then nodded her head.

"Extremely."

"It's worse in person." And with that, I let the tears go, sobbing into her shirt. She didn't say anything, just rubbed my back comfortingly.

"You truly are the strongest person I know," she mumbled, kissing my hair. I smiled weakly, tucking my head into her neck, sobs reducing to sniffles.

"Really? 'Cause I feel like the weakest. He wasn't even here, yet I'm crying."

"What did Jesy say about crying?" she asked.

"Yeah but-"

"Say it."

"It's not for the weak, but for the ones who've been strong for too long," I mumbled, rubbing my eyes.

"Exactly. To be honest, the only reason I'm not crying is because I'm trying to be strong for you," Jade said, using her thumb to wipe the rest of my tears away.

"I love you so much," I mumbled, kissing her softly. She grinned and kissed me back, arms wrapping back around my waist.

"No, but seriously, sometimes I think you're stronger than I am. You're faster and much sexier."