Ch. 55 "Especially Then"

{ J A D E }

I coughed loudly, spitting up some water, some of it even going up my nose. I continued to choke, blushing furiously and running my hand through my hair over and over again. I finally calmed down, still trying to wrap my head around her question.

"Um . . . what?" I asked coughing a little.

She folded her arms and moved so she was sitting next to me. "Do you honestly want me to repeat the question?"

I shook my head. "N-No, that's okay."

"So?" Perrie prompted, leaning in. I took a deep breath. Why haven't we had sex? It's a valid question, I suppose. 

I scratched the back of my neck nervously. "Erm, I thought you . . . wanted to wait, I guess." 

She raised an eyebrow. "Really? That's why?"

"Well, yeah . . . I guess," I said, shrugging slightly. This conversation couldn't be any more awkward. 

She gasped. "Oh my gosh . . . Jade, are you a virgin?"

I spoke too soon.

I blushed again, scratching my head uncomfortably. "Umm, no. Not exactly."

She chuckled. "Are you, like, scared of me or something? Am I not pretty enough?"

My eyes widened, and I immediately shook my head vigorously. "It's not that I don't want to, because trust me, I do." It was true, Perrie was the hottest girl I'd ever seen, even when she was sick or crying or angry. She would always be beautiful to me. So yes, I honestly did want to. 

What I didn't want was to have a conversation about it.

"Jade, what's wrong?" she asked, tugging on one of my curls and giggling when it started bouncing around. 

I sighed. "I guess, 'cause of what your dad did . . . you didn't want to. And I don't want you to feel any pressure, because I really don't care when of if we do." 

Perrie 'awwwed,' pecking my lips and giving me a hug. "You're so sweet."

I shrugged, glancing out the window at the darkening sky. "Like I said, you're special." 

She smiled and sat back. "We should have sex soon," she declared, making me blush again. I looked down at my hands, my cheeks getting even redder as Perrie poked my cheeks, pointing out the crazy grin that was creeping across my face. 

"Don't get all excited, I'm not gonna jump you right now, ya perv," she joked, making my cheeks that much warmer. 

"I, erm, I wasn't thinking that," I stuttered, turning away from her teasing gaze. 

"Oh yeah, sure. So . . . movie?" She held up a copy of the two Transformers movies. "Got 'em from a fan," she explained, grabbing my hand and pulling me gently off the couch. I sighed and followed her, grabbing the quilt before disappearing into the back room with her. 

"I love you, you know that right?" she asked, popping the movie into the DVD player and sitting down next to me. I smiled and pulled her close, pecking her cheek before letting her snuggle her head into my neck. 

"I love you too. Forever and always."

"Even when I make you uncomfortable?" she teased. I chuckled and squeezed her tighter. 

"Especially then."

***