Ch. 10 Show Time!

{ J A D E }

As soon as Perrie led Bella outside, I ran up to the wall and pressed my ear up to it. I figured if she was going out to yell at her for what Bella had said about me, then I'd probably come up in the conversation, right? Thought so.

"Come on, Jadey, let's not eavesdrop," Jesy said. I rolled my eyes, ignoring her. I could just understand what they were saying, though it was a bit muffled.

"Why are you so mad?" I heard Bella say.

"Because, what I do with Jade is my business and I don't like it when you talk about us kissing, especially in front of her."

"I'm sorry, but I know she likes you!" Bella retorts. I can feel myself start to blush. "Do you like her back?"

"I don't - I don't know. But it wouldn't matter; we're in the same band now. She's off limits. And you know how Mum is," she breathes. Her mum. I'd forgotten about her mum's 'No boyfriends/girlfriends' rule.

"So, if Mom said it was okay, would you kiss her again?" I hear Bella ask. Jeez, this kid was good.

"No. She's off limits because of the band. Sorry Bells. Plus I don't want to talk about this now, I'm about to perform and I'm already nervous, okay? Please, just no more talking about Jade and I, especially out loud. If things happen, they happen." Bella sighs.

"Okay, but I'm gonna tell Mom about her and see what she says!"

"NO YOU WILL NOT!" she suddenly shouts. I jump back from the wall. "No you will not! We're not even together and you want to get her all worked up?! If you say one word of this to her, I . . . I won't teach you how to swim!" Bella gasped. I guess that was important to her.

"Fine! But I know that you miss big kids to talk to. I love playing with you, but you need new friends that are like you too. Please, give it a chance?" Bella says, in a burst of wisdom. I raise my eyebrows and wait for Perrie's reply. She's quiet before she replied again.

"I'll think about it. I love playing with you too. I'll definitely want to stay friends with these girls. I'll think about the Jade thing, if that makes you feel better. But no more pushing! Like I said, what happens, happens, but I don't need you playing Cupid."

"What's Cupid?" I hear Bella ask. Perrie chuckles.

"Don't worry about it. Just, enough of the girlfriend talk. I just wanna put on a good show."

"I know you're gonna do great, sis," Bella whispers. Perrie laughs quietly.

"Funny, that's exactly what Jade said to me." Bella laughs.

"That's because we're both really smart." I smile to myself and Perrie joins in Bella's laughter.

"Okay, I should go put on my outfit now. You'll tell me if I look horrible, right?" she asks.

"I never lie!" Bella confirms. Perrie lets out a short laugh. I hear footsteps and the doorknob begins to turn. I fly off the wall and into a seat near Adam, who's sorting out the make-up pallets. So Perrie was willing to give us a chance? Then I was going to do everything in my power to win her over. They walk in, and Perrie heads straight for her outfit, and goes quietly in the bathroom. The door swings open. She walks over to Bella, and sits down on the couch. I couldn't help but stare at Perrie. I shook my head and pulled my eyes away, blushing. She was indeed, beautiful. The crop top with her name across the chest fit her perfectly, stopping just above her bellybutton and showing off her flat stomach. It was definitely a turn on.

"Thanks for not giving me heels," she says to Alexis. "I am forever in your debt." Alexis laughs and shakes her head. Perrie stands up and takes Bella's hand, probably to lead her to her seat for the concert. I suck in a breath, noticing once more how sexy she looked. She walks out. Everyone carries on with what they're doing. Jesy gives me a knowing look.