Escar-gross (Part 2)

{ P E R R I E }

When I told Jade what Leigh was really ordering, she laughed and told me to let her do it. Then I figured I should at least tell Jordan, right?

Not surprisingly, he laughed too and we decide to go along with it - this was gonna be good.

We placed our orders and the waitress kept giving worried looks after Leigh placed hers. The three of us were focusing all our energy into not laughing.

"Get your camera," Jade mumbled, pretending to kiss my hair. I grinned and nodded, fiddling with it under the table selecting it on the 'Record' option. We made small talk until the waitress returned with our food. Jade and I had ordered pasta, Jordan had some grilled chicken or whatever. Leigh?

She had three plates, which were:

Ris de Veau (uncooked) - Calf Pancreas

Boudin Noir - Blood Sausage

Boudin - Blood Pudding

"Thank you!" I chirp, dismissing the waitress. Leigh's eyes are as big as saucers.

"Well? Aren't you going to take a bite?" Jade prods. Leigh looks up, meeting everyone's gaze.

She scoffs. "Duh. This is exactly what I wanted." She slowly lifts her knife and fork. I raise my camera so only the lens is peeking out over the table. I angle it so it's pointing at Leigh and press record.

Ever so slowly, Leigh uses the knife to cut into the 'Ris de Veau'. Then slowly, she brings a piece to her mouth. She stares at it.

"You okay, baby?" Jordan asks innocently. She nods weakly and pops it into her mouth.

Priceless.

Her face contorts and it's all we can do not to start laughing right there, but we need her to try all three.

"Yummy, just like I said," she says, chewing and swallowing it quickly.

"What about that one?" Jordan asks, pointing at the sausages. She looks at it for the longest time before slowly cutting a piece off and biting into it.

"Erm . . . it's different," she says, her voice cracking in disgust at the end. We pretend not to notice.

"And what about this one?" Jordan asks, pointing to the brownish, congealed goop that they've served in a bowl - blood pudding.

"I don't know, I'm - I'm pretty full," Leigh protests, her face tinting green at the sight of it.

"You only had two bites! Come on, you said it'd be delicious!" Jordan urges, taking a spoon and scooping some up. My head in buried in Jade's shoulder - I can't watch. I keep the camera steady though. Everyone back at the hotel will definitely want to see this.

"Okaaaaaay," Leigh drags out. I lift my head just in time to watch Jordan shove the spoon into Leigh's mouth. She stares at us, eyes wide, mouth full of congealed pig blood.

Priceless.

We can't take it anymore; we burst out laughing, drawing attention from the other guests. Leigh's face goes greener than before as she swallows it down.

"I'm definitely full," she says, downing her water - and Jordan's.

Jordan pats her back and leans over to whisper in her ear what she just ate. Her face goes from green to a chalky white in a matter of seconds.

"Oh my gawd," she breathes, shuddering. We're still cracking up, getting louder and louder the more we think about it. I shut the camera off and lay it back into my purse..