Ch. 4 Assesment

{ B E L L A }

I heard an invisible man tell us to stay in our rooms. Then I heard lots of screaming. I got very scared. Where was Perrie? I looked for the hotel phone.

{ P E R R I E }

I stood there in shock. The girls (and boy) were just staring at me, exchanging looks of worry.

"Bella," was all I could choke out. I seemed to have lost the ability to think coherent thoughts, but at least the girls and boy understood.

"Shhh, it's okay. We'll get her back. I'm sure she's fine," Jade said, offering her arms out for a hug. I obliged, putting my head on her shoulder too scared and panicked to start crying yet.

"Care to explain?" Leigh demanded.

"Bella . . . she's 7. In our hotel room. Alone. Hurt. Alone . . ." was all I could say before I lost it. I started sobbing into Jade's shoulder and she simply rubbed my back and rocked me back and forth.

I was suddenly aware that all I was wearing was a bikini. I looked up to see a small smirk playing on Jordan's face and I'll admit that it was awkward now. Jade must of gotten the message too. She released me.

My phone buzzed. The hotel room.

"Bella," I breathed. I tried to compose myself, picked up the phone, putting her on speaker, so that everyone could hear.

"Hello?" I tried to say nonchalantly.

"Perrie?" Bella whimpered. My heart broke, but Leigh put a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"The man says we have to come back to our rooms now. Where are you?"

Should I tell her? No, better not worry her.

"I'm fine, munchkin," I assured, avoiding her question. "I'll be there soon, but first you need to do something for me," I ordered, steadily.

"Okay," she said quietly. "What?"

"First, I need you to make sure the door is locked completely." I waited for her to come back.

"I did it all by myself!" she cheered happily. I pretended to laugh.

"Good! Now I need you to go sit in the closet. Close the door completely and don't talk." My voice cracked and Leigh squeezed my shoulder.

"Okay . . ." she whispered, probably confused. "Are you crying? What's happening?"

"Nothing, munchkin," I lied. "The lights are out and they don't want anybody getting hurt."

"Oh. Okay . . . I'm in the closet now. It's dark and smells like old people." At that, Jesy cracked a smile and Jordan outright laughed.

"Are you with someone?" she suddenly asked, hearing him.

"Umm . . . yeah," I say. "Some girls, and a guy, I met in the lobby. They're very nice." I blushed, smiling at each of them. They grinned back.

"Am I on speaker? Are they old people or is he like Mike?" she clarified, already sounding a bit wary. I chuckled in spite of the situation.

"Yes, you're on speaker. No, they aren't old, but they aren't mean like Mike," I promised with a wink at Jordan. Did he blush? Nah.

"Well, if I'm on speaker, can I stay on the phone with you?" she wondered.

"Of course," I relented. "We can all talk to each other. Do you hear anybody?"

"No. But I heard someone talking underneath me a little while ago." I sucked in a sharp breath.

"Please, whatever you do, do not leave the closet," I repeated firmly. "Please." Jesy hugged me and handed me her coat, which I took and slipped over myself.