Father Daughter Bonding

Normal fathers took their daughters dancing, fishing- Anything other than teaching them to beat up evil masterminds. Mar'i had to face palm. She stood, now thirteen, in a large field as she watched her father, Dick Grayson prepare some fighting dummies.

"Is this really necessary, daddy? I am half Tamarianan!" Mar'i complained. She'd much rather watch TV and she had powers so she didn't need to learn martial arts or how to use weapons.

"Yes." Dick stated as he pulled out smoke bombs and batarangs from his utility belt. "What if your powers don't work or some boy wants to date you? How can you protect yourself?" Dick walked over. "My powers will work! And I have to date at some point." Dick shook his head.

"Ok. These are smoke bombs," he opened his closed hand to show the girl the small silver balls. "We use them to temporarily blind our foes." Dick threw one down on the ground to demonstrate. When the fog cleared Mar'i couldn't find her dad anywhere. When she felt someone behind her she quickly spun round and zapped them with her starbolts. Dick then ran around the field on fire. Mar'i couldn't find any water to put her poor dad out.

Quickly, she grabbed her flaming father and flew him to a watering hole where she dropped him several feet from the sky. "You ok, daddy?" She looked down and saw Dick coughing up water. "Y-yeah. Just use that on boys and you'll be fine-" And for the second time that day, Dick was on fire..