監禁 - Incarceration

"Watari, has she spoken yet?" Ryuzaki asked through the intercom system.

"No." Watari responded, "Not a word."

"Get me a visual of her."

"Are you sure?"

Temari straightened up from her position at the back of the room. It wasn't like Watari to question Ryuzaki's orders. She wasn't sure what Ryuzaki wanted to see but she could tell that whatever it was, it wasn't pretty.

"Yes." He answered, "And quickly."

After a few seconds of static an image appeared on the screen. It was of a girl. She was tied to an upright board with a straightjacket and a metal sheath was over her eyes so she couldn't see anything. She whimpered quietly, obviously in extreme fear. Temari recognized the girl immediately. The blond haired pigtails could only belong to one person: Misa.

"Ryuzaki! What's the meaning of this?" Chief Yagami roared, putting all of the task force member's thoughts into words.

"I've apprehended her in suspicion of being the second Kira. I'm afraid this is necessary." Ryuzaki explained and lifted his coffee cup. Temari was immediately at his side, filling the mug to the top and stirring in sugar.

She bit her lip in an attempt to try to control her feelings. Temari knew that they had a strong lead on the second Kira thanks to physical evidence found in the envelopes but even she didn't think that this level of imprisonment was required.

"Chances are that she is guilty," Chief Yagami agreed, "There seems to be enough evidence to convict her."

Ryuzaki nodded, "Yes, now we need a confession out of her. We need to know how she kills, whether she knows Kira, and if so, who he really is. Oh, and Mr. Yagami? Light is now our prime suspect and I will most likely bring him in for interrogation also. Please be prepared for that."

"Wait, Light is a suspect?" Temari broke her silence, "When did that happen? No one ever told me he was being investigated."

"This isn't any of your business, kid." Aizawa snapped, "You're only here to get snacks. Don't be nosy."

Temari slunk back to the corner, "I'm sorry. I-I was just curious."

"There's no need for that, Aizawa." Ryuzaki scolded him, "Temari isn't just a coffee runner, she's a task force member in training. Matsuda can you answer her question?"

Matsuda quickly apologized for Aizawa's rash behavior and explained. Light was suspected of being Kira at the very beginning of the investigation. Wire taps and surveillance cameras were placed in his room but he demonstrated no suspicious behavior.

"Ryuzaki has always kind of suspected Light." Matsuda finished, "There isn't much evidence to support it, but that's what he believes and we have to follow his orders."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next few days were uneventful. Attempts were made to urge words out of Misa, but none were successful. Temari was starting to look and feel worse and worse. She felt horrible about Misa situation and wished that a less forceful way of interrogation could be used, but like Matsuda said, Ryuzaki is the boss. Everyone has to follow his orders whether they like it or not.

"Ryuzaki." Watari spoke from over the intercom. The messy haired man looked up from the shogi game he was playing against Temari, "Misa is speaking."

Ryuzaki sprung up from the chair and flung himself on the couch, eager to get a possible lead with the investigation. Temari was slightly disappointed that their game was interrupted but understood that this came first no matter what.