ミーサ - Misa

"This is cotton candy?" Ryuzaki held a small plastic cone that served as the base for the pink sugary material, "It looks fake."

"It's not fake." Saya told him. She stood on her tiptoes and bit off a piece towards the bottom, "See? I just ate it."

"Interesting." Ryuzaki mumbled. He tore off a portion and cautiously put it in his mouth. As it does, the sugar melted almost immediately and Ryuzaki was left speechless in lieu of his new discovery.

"Cotton candy." He repeated once again, "Watari! I want one of these cotton candy machines in headquarters by tomorrow morning."

Temari laughed. This has been going on all day. It was so funny to see Ryuzaki try all of the common American fair foods. However, eating in a restaurant with him is a social disaster. They stopped at a buffet eatery to have lunch and in just fifteen minutes Ryuzaki had completely cleaned out the whole dessert section. The workers weren't too happy about that, but the tip he left was quite generous so she assumed that they thought of him in a slightly more positive way.

But now that cotton candy has captured Ryuzaki's attention, Temari had the feeling that she was going to be making a lot of it for the next few weeks.

"Hey. Temari. Am I going to get an apple or what?" Ryuk probed. He was already at the booth and hovering over the treats.

Temari tugged on Light's sleeve, "Can I borrow some money. Someone wants a caramel apple."

Light looked over at the awaiting shinigami, "Sure. Actually, I better come with you."

The pair briefly excused themselves from the group and bought some fruit to satisfy Ryuk's craving. Light found a small abandoned alleyway and allowed the shinigami to eat.

"Damn! This is some good stuff." Within seconds the apples were gone, "Are you sure you don't have any money to buy some more?"

"Don't push it." Light warned him.

A heavy lavender smell filled the air and Temari sneezed. Someone must be nearby, She thought, The only time I sneeze is when there is a lot of perfume...

"LIGHT!" A blonde short girl appeared in the alleyway and made a beeline for Light, hugging him so tightly that Temari thought he was going to collapse. The girl seemed familiar to Temari in a way but she couldn't exactly place her finger on it.

"Misa!" Light roughly pushed her off of him, "What are you thinking? I told you it wasn't safe for us to be in public together."

"I know, I know. But I was doing a shoot nearby and I saw Ryuk and I just had to come see you!" Misa babbled on. She was starting to remind Temari a lot of her younger sister.

Misa then noticed that she and Light weren't alone in the alleyway, "Sweetheart, who's this? Is she one of Sayu's friends? She's adorable."

"This is Temari." Light introduced her, "She and her little sister are under Watari and L's care. Temari is also the youngest member of the task force."

Temari mumbled a hello and waved. She was afraid that anything more would suggest that she had the same enthusiasm level that Misa did. There was no way that she could keep up with her.

"She's so cute!" Misa squealed, "I'm going to call her Temarin! I love her!"

"Um, thank you?"

"Misa! Hi!" Matsuda waved and beckoned her over, "I didn't know you were here! Do you wanna take a picture with us?"

The blonde girl nodded enthusiastically, "Of course I want to take a picture! Is Ryuzaki with you too? Oh, hey Ryuk!"

Ryuk. She mentioned Ryuk twice. Light quickly shushed her so he must have wanted Misa to keep it a secret too. Did she maybe accidently touch the notebook like Temari did?

Light groaned and swore to himself as Misa scampered off with Matsuda. Temari could tell that they really weren't as close at Misa kept saying they were. When the two arrived with the rest of the group Mickey Mouse ear hats were immediately plunked in their heads.

"C'mon guys! We're taking a picture with Mickey and Minnie!" Saya dragged them over to where the mouse characters were standing. She placed them next to Ryuzaki on the left side. A Disney employee offered to take the photo for Watari so he could be in the picture too. After a little convincing (mostly from Matsuda and Saya), he agreed.

"Smile!" The employee said and the flash on the camera went off.

"I'll develop this photo and give you all copies as soon as possible." Watari promised, "This memory will not go unforgotten."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

QOTD: What was the series that got you into anime/manga?

for me it was ouran highschool host club (which is still one of my favorite animes)