ノート - Notes

"Gevanni." Near said and set up a video connection, "How is your investigation on Mikami?"

"Well, about Mikami, it's strange. It's ridiculously easy to trail him." Gevanni answered from his car, He's not trying to hide or anything. He's lived at the same place the past 4 years and there's nothing unusual about him. He also seems to be totally dedicated to his career as a prosecutor. Mikami arrives to work and leaves at almost the same time every day. He lives a completely scheduled life."

Near perked up, "Is that so? That's quite interesting."

"Yeah, totally. In fact, I'm starting to think that he's so normal that he can't be X-Kira-"

"No!" The boy interjected, "There is a very high probability that Mikami is X-Kira. Please be very careful and don't enter his room yet. Just keep watch over him for now."

"Gotcha."

Gevanni signed off and Near set up a different connection, "Lidner, how is everything on your end going?"

"It's interesting." The blonde woman said, "Takada had a meeting with Misa Amane."

"What did they talk about?"

"They discussed only Light Yagami." Lidner replied, "If you read between the lines, they were arguing over which one was his lover."

Rester looked over to the boy on the floor, "Your thoughts?"

"All I can determine is this; Light Yagami is popular with the ladies." Near said and moved Misa and Takada's figures closer to Light, "And we know that Takada and Amane both adore him."

The older man sighed, "Near, please be serious."

"It is serious." Near replied, "If they're both truly in love with him they will not easily betray him. In fact, they'll likely do whatever he asks."

-------------------------------------------------

"Mogi! I'm going to take a shower!" Temari called and headed upstairs, "Please make sure Misa doesn't barge in on me or something."

"I think she's out for the night." Mogi replied and looked to the girl, who was completely passed out on the floor, "Why do you need to shower here? Aren't there showers at headquarters and Matsuda's place?"

Temari nodded, "Yes but they're not nearly as nice as the ones here. Besides, Misa left me some shampoo or something that's supposed to help take out the dye in my hair."

"Alright." Mogi waved her upstairs, "Do whatever you've gotta do. I'll make sure she stays out of your way."

The girl continued upstairs and searched through the various makeup products that Misa had left lying next to her belongings. The only thing that she could find relating to hair was something called "Exfoliating Dark Dye Conditioner". Temari didn't know what it was but placed her trust in that it was the right thing.

She quickly undressed, slipped off the colored contacts, and hopped into the showered. Temari smiled when the water came out hot. The water at Matsuda's apartment was always too cold for her liking. The blissful teenager hummed to herself and ran the soap and dye conditioner through her hair and watched as the black dye swirled around and disappeared down the drain.

Temari spent more than she probably should have in the shower. She didn't get out until every single drop of dark water dripped from her hair and away into the gutter. That part took less time than she thought it would take, but Temari still liked being truly alone and thinking. It was nice to be somewhere where no one was constantly looking over her shoulder or trying to analyze her thoughts.