日付 - Date

"Man, this has got to be the lamest date I've ever been on." Misa sulked, "Can you at least send the kid out of the room?"

Ryuzaki shook his head, "Absolutely not. Temari is an investigator just like I am. Plus she gives us snacks. Just pretend like we're not even here. Are you going to eat that cake?"

The cake that Ryuzaki was talking about was the strawberry shortcake that they had eaten the night before. Matsuda and Temari had gone out to the shop earlier in the day to get it. Temari blushed, remembering the wide smile that appeared on Shikamaru's face as soon as he saw her. Of course Matsuda had teased her afterwards about having a "boyfriend", but she laughed right along with her fun loving uncle.

"Look at her! She's blushing!" She has a crush on my Light!" Misa exclaimed hysterically, "Get her out!"

Temari made a gagging sound, "No way! Light is like waayyyy too old. If anything, he's my brother."

"That's true." Ryuzaki answered, "Besides, Temari is too busy with the boy at the bakery to even think about having romantic involvements with Light. Can I eat that cake now?"

"Cake makes you fat." Misa replied, "I'm not going to eat any."

Ryuzaki picked up the extra piece of shortcake and took a bite, "Actually I've found that you don't gain any weight as long as you burn calories by using your brain."

"Are you calling me stupid?!"

"Probably."

"I thought we were supposed to be working to catch Kira." Light spoke up, "Ryuzaki, you don't seem that motivated."

"You're right. I'm actually quite depressed." He took another bite of cake.

"Depressed?"

"The whole investigation was riding off of my deduction that you were Kira." Ryuzaki explained, "I guess I can't get over the fact that I was wrong."

Light stood up, "Ryuzaki..."

In a sudden turn of events, Light punched Ryuzaki square in the face. Both of them went flying, knocking over the table and couch. Temari wanted to intervene but her common sense told her to let Ryuzaki and Light handle this on their own. She bit her lip and held herself back.

"That really hurt." Ryuzaki mumbled and held his face.

"You don't feel like doing anything just because your genius deduction was wrong and I'm not Kira?" Light shot angrily, "If we don't chase Kira, he'll never be caught. Is that what you want?"

Ryuzaki didn't answer and delivered a powerhouse kick straight to Light, causing them both to crash across the room again. Because of the handcuffs, wherever one went, the other was forced to follow. It was getting harder and harder for Temari to let them alone.

"It's not my deduction that was wrong." Ryuzaki said with an angry tone that Temari had never heard before, "The fact is that I can say that Light Yagami is Kira and Misa Amane is the second Kira but it won't be enough to solve the case. That is why I have been a little depressed. Is that so unreasonable?"

Light sat up, "Yes. Yes it is. You should hear yourself, it's like you won't be satisfied unless I am Kira."

"I won't be satisfied unless you are Kira?" Ryuzaki replied, "There may be some truth to that. Actually, you're right. I think I wanted you to be Kira."

Temari could see that the situation was going to turn violent again. She said nothing and simply stood between the two men. Seeing the two people she loved most try to kill eachother was hurting her, whether they could see it or not.

"Move out of the way, Temari." Ryuzaki said, "You have no right to get in the middle of this."

The girl shook her head and planted her feet even firmer. She wasn't going to move. She wasn't going to let them destroy eachother.

"Look, Temari's right." Light lowered his fists, "Fighting isn't going to solve anything. Let's just get back to working. Maybe we'll find a lead if we look hard enough."

"I guess you're right. I'll call Watari to get someone to clean up the room." Ryuzaki answered and brushed himself off.

Misa scurried over and clung to Light's arm, "But what about our date? It's not over yet, is it?"

"I'm sorry Misa," Light apologized, "But we have a case to solve."

-----------------------------------------------------

ok am i seriously the only one that actually likes misa?  she may be a blabbermouth but she's cute okay

also a big thank you to the like 2 people that are currently reading this even though i dont know who you are ily

QOTD: most recent anime you've watched?

i just finished watching a bit of voltron legendary defender.  im on season two and i love love pidge.