火災 - Fire

"Temari! You're supposed to be lying down!" Matsuda grabbed the girl's hand and pulled her back to the couch, "The doctor said that you have the flu. And plus you passed out yesterday. You're supposed to be resting."

"I'm fine." Temari grumbled, "Just because I'm sick doesn't mean I have to stop working."

"How about shogi? We could play some shogi. That involves thinking, right?"

Temari shook her head, "You're too easy to beat, Uncle Matsu. Shogi isn't any fun if your opponent isn't even challenging."

"Matsuda hasn't filled out the criminal spreadsheet in a while." Light piped up, "You can do that, Tema."

"Fine."

The girl groaned and pulled out a laptop. She didn't see why she was treated like an invalid all of a sudden. She felt fine, other than the fact that she couldn't keep down any kind of solid food. And whenever she stood up she got dizzy. Plus sometimes her stomach felt like it was stabbing her. But that's it! She's fine.

Temari mumbled to herself, "Jeez, I pass out in a sandbox one time. One time!"

"You were lucky that you had your police ID on you." Matsuda reminded her, "You could have been stuck there overnight or abducted or something."

"You worry too much, Uncle Matsu."

"Temari. Matsuda. Shut up." Aizawa irritably barked.

The guilty partners looked at the ground and quickly got back to their work. Temari sighed and leaned her head back. This totally sucks. She felt like she was 12 again.

Near's symbol flashed across the screen. Light quickly clicked the connection button and the rest of the task force put on their headsets.

"L. I want to meet you."

Light froze, "What?"

"I want to meet you." Near repeated, "There's something I have to show you pertaining to the case and it has to be done in person."

"But don't you suspect me of being Kira?" Light asked, "Do you really think it's wise to reveal yourself to me?"

"That's true, I cannot show you unless I reveal my face. Furthermore, the very act of showing my face will prove something and that will bring this case to a close."

The task force members gasped. How could Near be so confident?"

"Alright, fine." Light said, "The sooner you realize that you're wrong about me the better."

"Now, I'd like to lay out some ground rules for the meeting."

Temari bit her lip. Ground rules? What did he mean by ground rules?

"We're willing to along with whatever you want." Light agreed.

"First, I want all the investigators from both teams to be present." Near established, "There are a total of four members in the SPK. How many are in your team?"

"There are six of us, including U and I."

"Very well." He answered, "Now, about our meeting place." A picture of an abandoned looking building popped up on the screen, "Daikokou Wharf. There's a warehouse on the outskirts of the left side that has been left alone for some time. I've already taken the liberty of purchasing it. If this arrangement is fine with you, we could meet there."

Light looked around the room at the rest of the task force. Each member nodded, signalizing that the meeting place was okay with them."

"And another thing." He said, "This meeting cannot take place unless I have your word that someone will carry the notebook that you have in your possession.