Imagine 5

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.
It's obvious that I'm not comfortable in my body. I'm too fat, my acne is crazy, my hair is a mess, my legs aren't shaved, my eyebrows are anti-fleek, and I'm pretty sure I'm growing a mustache.

It's obvious that I have a thing for Carl, but it's also obvious that he'll never be with me. He has that Annie girl. She has beautiful hair, beautiful eyes, and flawless skin. She's everything a guy would dream to have.

Honestly, I've thought about ending my life a couple of times, but I'm too much of a coward to take action, unfortunately.

Sometimes my mind drifts off to the world before the apocalypse. That was even worse than what the world is now.

I sigh, looking over at Carl. Of course he's talking to Annie.

Carl has this long, brown hair. It sounds like it'd be unattractive, but he makes it work. He's pretty skinny. The only thing that's irregular about Carl is the amount of muscle he has. It's like he's on steroids or something.

"Hey, do you want to come to the garden with Annie and I?" Carl asks. I decide to ignore Carl, as I know he's not talking to me.

"(Y/N)," Carl says, getting my attention. Oh shoot, he was talking to me.

"Huh? Yeah, I guess," I say, standing from the table I was sitting at.

"So, (Y/N), what is your favorite thing to do when you have time off?" Carl asks, looking over at you.

"I- I really like to write. I know it's kinda weird, but-"

"No, I think it's cool. I like reading comic books. You know, the old ones?"

"My brother... He used to have a stack sitting on his desk. Maybe one day we could go out on a run and get them," I say, praying that I didn't make too bold of a move.

"Yeah! That'd be cool!" Carl says, causing me to let out a quick sigh or relief.

"Annie, you pick the tomatoes. (Y/N), I'll teach you how to pick the green beans," Carl says.

I'm about to protest, telling him that I already know how, but he's already walking over to the green beans before I can say anything.

"Gotta Blast," I whisper, and Carl lets out a halfhearted laugh.

"I am so glad to get away from Annie. I mean, she's pretty, but her personality sucks. And on top of that, she won't leave me alone!" He rants quietly, and I just sit in shock, listening.

"(Y/N), anyone home?" Carl asks, waving a hand in front of my face.

"Yeah? Yeah, I'm here," I say, watching him smile.

"You know, you're kinda funny. We should hang out more," He says, turning to the green beans.