Imagine 30.5

Guys! 8 Votes in less than 20 hours? That's amazing! Don't forget to keep requesting! 💖

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.
"So, how does it feel to finally be sixteen?" Rick asks with a smile, taking a bite of steak.

"I mean, I guess it feels good? I haven't had much practice," I smile as Rick laughs. It wasn't meant to be funny, but I'm glad it was.

"I remember when Carl turned sixteen. I gave him a magazine with mature content-"

"Dad!" Carl yells, his fork hitting the plate with a clatter. This only causes Rick to laugh harder. Judith joins in his laughter, which causes Carl and I to add in. Before we know it, the whole table is wiping tears of joy from their eyes.

"This was so much fun, but I wouldn't want to overdo my stay," I say, standing up.

"Oh, (Y/N)! Sit back down! I've been trying to have you over for months!" Rick says, and I grin. It feels good to be wanted somewhere.

"Actually Dad, do you care if (Y/N) comes up to my room for a bit? I wanted to show her the new comic book you got me. Turns out that (Y/N) is a pretty big fan herself," Carl says, glancing over at me with a weird smile. Rick looks over to me, and I nod.

"Alright, I guess," Rick says, turning to get Judith out of her chair.

"Judith and I want to go take a stroll around the neighborhood anyways," Rick grunts, picking up Judith. He grabs Carl by the shoulder, pulling him out of earshot. He leans in to whisper something to Carl, and Carl grins.

"Dad, shut up!" Carl yells, both of the Grimes boys glancing over at me. They turn back to each other and start laughing.

I wish my dad and I were this close.

Carl walks to the stairs as Rick shuts the door.

"You coming?" Carl asks, and I nod. I follow him up the stairs and to the right, and the we enter his bedroom. It's a lot bigger than what I thought it'd be. I guess that's what you get when you're the leader's son.

"I know it's a mess, but I didn't want my dad to embarrass you."

"Embarrass me? I think you were the one that was getting embarrassed," I smile, still standing at the doorway.

"You can come and sit," Carl says, taking a seat on the bed. "I don't bite, but if I did it'd be tender." I blush, but I decide not to sit next to him. I walk around the room, trying to take in as many details as possible.

"This is a nice view," I say, looking out of the window.

"Yeah, I guess it's okay," He says, standing up. I can feel his body warmth from behind, and it makes me a little tense.

"So, do you have any plans for tonight?" He asks, and I shake my head.

"I guess I'll probably just go home and go to bed," I shrug, still looking at the field of flowers below.

"You could stay here," he says, stepping close enough for my body to press against his.

"Yeah, right," I laugh, leaning my head back onto his shoulder. I feel his hands snag around my waist, and I let out a long sigh of relief. I expected something like this to be more awkward.

I feel Carl's lips on my neck, slowly moving down with each kiss. He leaves a warm, tingling sensation with every kiss he plants.

He spins me around by my waist, cupping my face in his hands. We stare at each other for a moment, a million thoughts running through our heads. He slowly leans in to kiss me, the wait seeming agonizingly long. Instead of waiting any longer, I jump up on my tiptoes and kiss him. He's surprised at first, but then our lips start to move in sync.

I can't wait to tell my diary about this tomorrow.