Imagine 15

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.
"So, now that we've cleared out the prison, we're ready to leave. Governor, we wanted to thank you for letting us stay in Woodbury for the amount of time you did," Rick says, all of us listening to him.

We're all around a rectangular table, discussing our course of action for leaving Woodbury and relocating to the prison.

"Well, don't thank me yet," The Governor says, and clicks are heard from all around the room. Guns are pressed up against our heads.

My eyes shift to Carl, the beautiful boy sitting across from me.

"Do you really think I'd waste supplies on you? I was just waiting for the right time to sweep the prison out from under you. Thanks for doing the dirty work, Rick," The Governor smiles, waltzing around the room.

"Let me have Rick and Michonne in room one, Daryl and Beth in room two," The Governor spins around slowly, grinning at Carl and I. I feel my heart skip a beat.

"Carl and (Y/N) can go in room three."

The six of us slowly stand, the barrel of the gun still pressed against our heads. Carl and I enter an empty room with two metal chairs in the center. The men holding the guns handcuff us to the chairs, and then leave the room.

"This is the same room Andrea died in," The Governor sneaks up, causing me to jump.

"You see that white spot over there? That's from the bleach. We figured a white spot was better than a red one," he smiles, shutting the door.

"What the hell?" Carl yells, struggling against the cuffs.

"I cannot wait to kill you. You know what? That time is going to come sooner than you think," The Governor spits, watching Carl squirm.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask, causing The Governor to chuckle.

"I want the prison. It's as simple as that," He says, walking circles around us.

"Then why don't you just take it while we're held up here? That way no one gets hurt, and you get what you want?" I ask. The Governor stops right in front of me.

"(Y/N), honey, that's just not how things work," he whispers, making my skin crawl. He stands up, walking towards the door. He starts to open it.

"I trusted you!" I yell, and he pauses.

"That was your mistake," he says, back still to us. He closes the door, leaving me breathless.

"(Y/N), I know he was like a father to you, but you have to forget about him right now. We have to get out of here," Carl says, trying to snap me out of my daze. For some reason, I can't take my eyes off of that door.

Carl screams out in agony, and I hear the snap of the handcuff chain.

"And that is why you use real handcuffs when keeping someone captive," he mumbles, walking over to pick the clock on my cuffs. He gets them undone, pulls me up, and embraces me in a hug.

"(Y/N), no matter what happens, just know I love you. Okay?" Carl says, wiping a tear from my cheek.

I'm crying?

"Yes, Carl. I love you too," I say, squeezing him. That was our first "I love you," and honestly, it's long overdue.

Carl grabs my hand, and we walk towards the door. We open it on the count of three, and then we quietly wonder until we reach the stairwell.

That's when The Governor's men catch us off guard, grabbing us by the hair on our heads. They drag us down the hall, to the left, and through a doorway.

We're thrown into a large room, everyone down on their knees in a circle.

"Well, it's about time you join us. I was afraid I'd made things too hard for you," The Governor says as his men push me down onto my knees. They shove Carl to the middle of the circle, and then kick his knees out from under him.

"It appears that Carl is the most valued member in the group, so he'll be the first to go!" The Governor says, quickly pulling out a gun and shooting Carl's stomach.

"Carl!" I screech, covering my mouth with my hand. I quickly waddle over to him, applying pressure to the wound.

"I've lost you one too many times, Grimes. You cannot die on me today!" I yell, putting my forehead against his.

"(Y/N), can I ask another thing from you?" Carl asks quietly.

"Anything."

"Don't get attached to anyone else. They'll always find a way to use the thing you love most against you. That's why I was so hesitant to say I love you," Carl says, his words now barely audible.

"Carl, I can't lose you. I'm not strong enough-"

"(Y/N), you're the most independent woman I know. You've got this thing. If there's anyone that can outsmart this bloodthirsty world, it's you. Flowers grow back after they're stepped on, and you will too," Carl says, his hand brushing against my cheek. His hand slowly creeps back down to his side, his smile fading. In that moment, I saw the life fade from his eyes. All of his accomplishments, goals, hopes, dreams, and memories are gone in the blink of an eye.

Everyone has their weak spot. The one thing that, despite your best efforts, will always bring you to your knees, regardless of how strong you are otherwise.

How do I know? Because I just found mine.

•••••
what even is this lol? what did you guys think?