Imagine 12

There's a lot of time skips in this and I hate it but oh well.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.
"How much do you love me?" Carl asks, and I look up from my sketch to meet his eyes.

"From here," I say, and the go back to sketching.

"Uh, (Y/N)?" Carl asks, and I look up at him innocently.

"Did you hear me?" He asks, and I nod.

"Wow," he scoffs under his breath. I just keep sketching.

I watch as he stands up and leaves the cell. I sigh, laying on my back.

How do I always mess things up when I'm just trying to be sweet?

--

"Hey babe," Carl walks by me, kissing me on the cheek. I've been distant lately, not wanting to tell him why.

"Please talk to me," he pleads, and I sigh.

"I'm pregnant, Carl. I'm eighteen and pregnant. I can't hardly take care of myself, so how am I supposed to take care of a child?" I ask, and he looks at me, baffled.

"It's okay, (Y/N), we can make it through this," he says, gently grabbing my waist and pulling me close.

"You know, my mom died while giving birth," he says, and I feel his heartbeat speed up.

So much for "it's okay."

"Well, we're not the same person. We have Hershel living in the house right next to ours. We're gonna be fine," I say, trying to provide him a little comfort.

--
"He- He's beautiful," I say, nearly choking on my tears. I look over at Carl, a tear running down his face as I run my thumb over our baby's hair.

"I love you, (Y/N). I hope you know how much I love you."

"I know you do, Carl. I know you do."

--

"Carl! Come quick! He's taking his first steps!" I yell, watching as Nathan moves one of his chubby little legs in front of the other.

Carl rushes in, a smile on his face.

Once baby Nathan falls down, I pick him up and hold him above my head.

"Oh Nathan, you're such a smart little boy!" I squeal, giving him nose-kisses.

Carl walks over, wrapping his arms around the two of us.

--

"(Y/N), I don't think you're thinking! You're starving yourself so you can feed him!"

"So what do you want me to do, Carl? Just not feed him? Leave a four year old for the walkers? If you have a better solution, please let me know!" I yell, and then sit down at the table. Carl sits across from me.

"How did it come to this?" I ask, a few tears running down my face. It was a question I already knew the answer to.

The drinking.

--

"(Y/N), I can't do this anymore. I can't go on pretending we're okay when we're obviously not. I'm moving out and across the town. You get Nathan for three days, then I get Nathan for three days," Carl says.

"I- We- Okay," I say, dying a little on the inside. He walks out, taking a suitcase with him.

--

It's been three months since we've split, and I'm on my way to drop Nathan off. Instead of letting him run to his dad's door on his own, I go with him.

I'm going to tell him I'm sorry, and that I want to fix this.

Nathan knocks, and Carl answers. A girl stands in the doorway behind him.

"To here," I say, a tear running down my cheek as I dash to the car.

--

Get it? If not, read the first section.

S/O to 5SOS_Cake_123 and Miss_Nothing93 for reading my new book.