Imagine 28.5

Carl's P.O.V.
I sit down right next to (Y/N) on the roof of the prison, flinging a blanket over us. She smiles, leaning her head on my shoulder.

(Y/N) and I have known each other for a year or two, but I've always managed to stay stuck in the friend zone. I've liked her since last fall, which has now been about a year.

"I've always loved to look at the stars. The only official constellations I know are the big and little dipper, but I've always liked to come up with my own," (Y/N) says, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"You see that bright star? Now in your imagination, draw a line from it to the one on the left of it. Now go up one, over one to the right and then come back down to the second star. I call that one Leah's Leaf," (Y/N) says, pointing up at the sky.

"(Y/N), before the apocalypse, what was your favorite type of music to listen to?" I ask, making her head perk up. She takes a moment to think.

"Probably alternative music. I liked Jimmy Eat World, Paramore, Cage the Elephant, stuff like that. You've probably never even heard of any of those guys, have you?" (Y/N) chuckles to herself, watching me shake my head.

"I liked Country," I say, and (Y/N) makes a gagging noise.

"Oh, hush. You can pretend didn't like it, but deep down you know you did," I grin.

"Ew, no!" (Y/N) shakes her head, laughing.

"So you're telling me you didn't like Johnny Cash? Carrie Underwood?" I ask, looking over at her. She shakes her head, a smile still on her face.

"It's not polite to stare, Carl."

I guess I looked a little longer than what I'd planned to.

"That's so cliche, (Y/N). Before you can ask, I'd love a photograph. I'm aware that they last longer." (Y/N) smiles, leaning her head on my shoulder again.

"Do you think we'd be friends if we met before the apocalypse?" (Y/N) asks.

Friends.

"No (Y/N), I don't. I would like to think we would be more than friends," I say, biting my lip. I feel her tense up, and I mentally facepalm.

"Did Beth tell you? That loudmouth! I can't believe-"

"What are you talking about, (Y/N)?" I ask, leaning away from her. "I haven't spoke to Beth since... last week."

"Carl, I like you. I've liked you for quite a long time. I was nervous to tell you because I wasn't sure how you thought of me. I don't know why I'm telling you now-"

I cup her cheek, brushing her lips against mine. She takes a quick breath, looking down at my lips, and then back up at my eyes. She crashes her lips against mine, running a hand through my hair. I rest a hand on her hip, the other still on her cheek.

"Hey, look at that," I say, looking up into the sky.

"A shooting star."

•••
rip, this was horrible. it was short and so cliche lol.

Guys, I'm running out of requests. I'm not going to write anymore unless I get requests.

Love you all, see you later.