Imagine 14

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.
"So what will it be, (Y/N)? Truth or Dare?" Josh, one of the guys you hang out with, asks.

"Dare?"

"I dare you to spend seven minutes in that closet with the guy of your choosing," Josh grins.

"Can you just pick for me?" I ask, and he shakes his head.

"It's not like there's a guy who wouldn't want to be locked in that closet with you for seven minutes, (Y/N). Just choose." Michael smiles, giving me a burst of confidence.

It's strange to hear something like that come from Michael, him being my shy, dorky, best friend. Ever since our group moved here Michael and I have clicked. It helps that we're neighbors, but I like to think that even if we weren't, we'd still be close friends. However, I'd be lying if I said I haven't thought about Michael being more than a friend before.

My eyes scan over the guys, resting on Carl. I'm not sure what to call it, but we have this thing going on. He'll flirt, we'll "happen" to get assigned jobs together, and he gets jealous when I talk to other guys. The one he dislikes the most is Michael, though. He's said before that we spend too much time together.

"Michael," I say, still staring at Carl. Before anything is said, I turn my back towards him and walk inside of the closet with a smile. I sit down on one of the crates, listening to the door lock from the outside.

"Don't worry, (Y/N). I know you only chose me to heat up that thing you have with Carl."

"What? What thing?"

"Do you know that I got a death threat from him? Something about him killing me if I touch you. I didn't say it out loud, but I knew he had nothing to worry about. You've made it pretty clear that he's the guy you're after. But just know that I wasn't lying when I said any guy would love to be stuck in a closet with you. There are so many nice guys out there who would love to have a shot with you. However, some of the guys out there realize that you're the only girl our age in the whole town. Carl is one of those guys. (Y/N), I know you don't see it now, but you're waisting your time on that douchebag."

I sit in disbelief for a minute or two before moving, and then I get up and throw my arms around Michael. He wraps his arms around my back.

"Michael, I'm sorry. I know he's not the nicest guy, but I like him. I know you'd be the best choice out of all the guys out there, but-"

He pulls away from me, running a hand through his hair.

"But I'm not cool. I'm the guy who wears sweaters, and he's the guy who wears ripped T-Shirts. I don't smoke or drink. I get it, it's okay. Please, (Y/N), just do me one favor?" He asks, locking eyes with me.

"Know what you're getting yourself into." He pulls me in for another hug, and the door opens.

"Time is up, lovebirds," Josh says, and Michael walks out of the closet, sitting back down in the circle. I start to walk, but Josh grabs my arm.

"Oh, and Carl left by the way. You can probably find him by the lake." He whispers, letting go of my arm. I sigh, walking out of the room.

"Carl, we didn't do anything," I say, walking into Carl's room. His mother let me into the house.

Carl lays in the bed with Beth, a girl that's at least six years older than us.

"Oh, hello (Y/N)," Carl says, smiling. He wraps a sheet around himself before standing, and then he walks over to me.

"What are you doing?" I ask, looking back to Beth.

"Same thing you and Michael did in the closet," he says blankly, putting his hands on his hips.

"Carl, Michael and I just talked! We talked about you the whole time! It looks like you and Beth were doing more than just talking!" I yell, not caring who hears.

"Oh, shit. (Y/N), I'm sorry. I didn't know." Carl says, running a hand through his hair.

"Why are you sorry? It doesn't matter. It's not like we're a thing anyways," I smile, praying that the tears building up don't flow until I'm away from him.

I turn and walk away, bumping into Michael on my way back to my house. Michael takes my hand and leads us back to his house, saying something about his parents going on a run.

Once we're in his room, he pulls me close, telling me to "let it all out." I cry for a long while, and then I pull back to look at Michael.

"Oh, Michael! I'm so sorry! You have to sit here and listen to me cry about- This is horrible of me!" I say, using the hem of my shirt to wipe up some of my tears.

"Here, let me get it," Michael says, using his thumb to get the tears I missed. Michael then stands, going over to his DVD player.

"Mean Girls? I know that always makes you feel better when you're upset."

•••••
Guys, I'm sorry lol. This is everywhere. Better updates are coming soon <3